Hire Chicas-not for sex

george lee

Jun 24, 2005
I put the provocative title to get as much attenion as possible.
I am interested in learning Spanish in a real immersion atmosphere.
Friend of mine suggested this and I am requesting comments:
I wish to hire any girl for conversation (no sex) for say between 11-5 pm.
I will pay for all meals such as lunch or dinner and admission to any activity. What would be a fair hourly rate?
Would also like to go out at night and again the same situation would apply.
I want the person or persons to speak only Spanish and be interested in as many topics as possible. Will want them to correct the mistakes I make as I am just starting to learn Spanish.
Comments invited. Would a university student want a part time job like this? What time of year would be the best time to find employable people or is it any time. Does not have to be one person for the whole time.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Not a problem to find students for this.
The question is what you would achive in learning Spanish.
Probably very little just by chatting to a student.
Where are you travelling? And for how long do you plan to stay?
If you want to live in a family, that is also possible.

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Because he doesn't want to ultimately have sex with boys or men. Hence the sneak attack proposed here - the teacher will fall in love with the student of course. My Fair Domincian Lady sort of.

There are legitimate immersion schools, actually not at all expensive located in the DR where the OP would get a structured immersion program and would not necessarily have to live with a host family. Sitting for 6 hours a day with a student without a learning plan would be a time waster and bore the pants off the student.

Hmmmm...bore the pants off her...............wait a minute.......... :eek: .

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Give the guy a break!

...I am interested in learning Spanish in a real immersion atmosphere.

Why stop at a girl, why not the whole family, or an entire town for that matter? For this you will have to do a little homework first. Once you arrive in the DR, hop over to the Caribe Tours bus station and take a bus to a small town out of the way of the worn out tourist trail. I suggest you dress conservatively (maybe even a tie), carry a Bible, and walk over to the town square. Sitting on a bench, you will then look at people directly in the eyes (they're accustomed to this here), and start saying certain key words like 'la Palabra', 'hermanos, Cristianos', 'Jesus viene pronto', etc., and with a questioning expression say 'Donde est? el culto?'. Invariably, someone will direct you to a religious meeting. Remember, always smile. And in no time you will have a throng of people willing to communicate with you, and in Spanish to boot!. Just go with the flow...

Bok

Mar 13, 2004
Hi George

Sounds like people here don't approve of your friends idea. I wonder why... :laugh:
Have a look in the 'Spanish 101'-forum. There are lots of ideas on how to pick up on the Spanish language.

And have some patience when you get going.
Everything has to be learnt from the bottom (except swimming).

bok ;)

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Ricktoronto's suggestion of a legitimate immersion school makes the most sense.

Hiring a girl whom is not trained as a teacher, in an unstructured environment, will fall apart very quickly. Unless your intention is to have a relationship and pick up a little Spanish, your friend's idea to learn the language probably won't succeed.

george lee

Jun 24, 2005
immersion schools?

Plan to stay in Santo Domingo. Can you suggest some immersion schools? Wouldn't mind staying with a family. Probably stay only a week for the first time to see how much I like it without a bigger commitment at the start.

When my friend suggested the idea, I thought people would have the wrong idea but then I thought I could have the hiree take me on tours, restaurants, etc and just be talking so I could tour and learn Spanish at the same time. Sounds like forum doesn't think this is a viable idea.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Once google works again ( I assume it must be down since you don't seem to want to try a simple search on google) you will find several locations in the DR with this service.

Here is a freebie:

www.amerispan.com

4 hrs/day 5 days a week Private classes only
( 1 week, 2,3,4, extra weeks) $355 $660 $965 $1270 $305

1 to 1 teacher

More than 4 hours a day would be impossible anyway. So is $15 to 17 an hour for an actual teacher one on one a bad deal? Seems pretty good. I think the lodgings would be pretty basic but they offer that too - only about $20 a day more which means you are not in the Hilton.

george lee

Jun 24, 2005
School suggestion

Thank you for your input on Amerispan. Of course, everyone knows about search engines but the purpose of this website is to garner first hand information and recommended places. What good is a list of schools and one has no idea how good they are.
Thin skins must bleed a lot.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You Have The right Idea,Just "A$$Backwards"!

Just hire a prostitute,and she will take you all over town,speak "Spanish" to you and you will have the added benefit of getting great sex every few hours!
I know 50 pretty young ladies that would be happy to be your guide while you visit Santo Domingo.Give them $75 Dollars a day(That includes $25 for me!) and you will kill two birds with one stone! "PM" me!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Remington Palace

I am sure you can find a bilingual princessa or 2 @ Remington Palace that are looking for daytime work.

;)

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
george lee said:
Thank you for your input on Amerispan. Of course, everyone knows about search engines but the purpose of this website is to garner first hand information and recommended places. What good is a list of schools and one has no idea how good they are.
Thin skins must bleed a lot.

Well make an effort George. It was clear you hadn't. And nobody bought the dopey hang out with a 19 year old to learn Spanish ruse at all.

george lee

Jun 24, 2005
good suggestion

I told my friend everyone took my post just as I thought they would.

Suggestion about Amerispan sounds great and I think I will go that route.

Muchos gracias, amigos.

george lee said:
I put the provocative title to get as much attenion as possible.
I am interested in learning Spanish in a real immersion atmosphere.
Friend of mine suggested this and I am requesting comments:
I wish to hire any girl for conversation (no sex) for say between 11-5 pm.
I will pay for all meals such as lunch or dinner and admission to any activity. What would be a fair hourly rate?
Would also like to go out at night and again the same situation would apply.
I want the person or persons to speak only Spanish and be interested in as many topics as possible. Will want them to correct the mistakes I make as I am just starting to learn Spanish.
Comments invited. Would a university student want a part time job like this? What time of year would be the best time to find employable people or is it any time. Does not have to be one person for the whole time.

Anyone want to buy a bridge? Cmon guy no sex??? Then why not a young man to teach you spanish?
Badpiece

Stephan

Jun 20, 2004
Criss Colon said:
Just hire a prostitute,and she will take you all over town,speak "Spanish" to you and you will have the added benefit of getting great sex every few hours!
I know 50 pretty young ladies that would be happy to be your guide while you visit Santo Domingo.Give them $75 Dollars a day(That includes $25 for me!) and you will kill two birds with one stone! "PM" me!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CC hits the nail on the head.
Thats about the offer I refused when staying in SD for language studies :glasses: