Gold-Silver-Bronze-Members...

yvette

Jun 18, 2004
Gold-Silver-Bronze members- permanent or dual residents: tell me what lured you to the Dominican Republic, and what keeps you here, or what keeps you coming back.

Yvette

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
yvette said:
Gold-Silver-Bronze members- permanent or dual residents: tell me what lured you to the Dominican Republic, and what keeps you here, or what keeps you coming back.

Yvette
The Dominican people in NYC introduced me to the Latin Culture and welcomed me with open arms, they taught me spanish, dancing and singing and they are all around great fun loving people. Most in NYC were untainted by corruptable american practices and kept their good nature. Going to the DR just fortified my original beliefs and keeps me coming back. "
A smile carries a lot of weight"

My opinion,
Ricardo

yvette

Jun 18, 2004
Ricardo900 said:
The Dominican people in NYC introduced me to the Latin Culture and welcomed me with open arms, they taught me spanish, dancing and singing and they are all around great fun loving people. Most in NYC were untainted by corruptable american practices and kept their good nature. Going to the DR just fortified my original beliefs and keeps me coming back. "
A smile carries a lot of weight"

My opinion,
Ricardo

Ricardo,

Thanks for your response, and I agree 100% that a smile does carry a lot of weight!

mislarimar

Nov 19, 2004
www.adventuretour.net
What made us ( a family) from belgium fall in love with the DR was the people.Although many of them don't have a easy life they seem to always be smiling.
I also love the nature,the colours,the diversity.
Will be starting my new life over there next month so keep your fingers crossed for us!
And i hope to make many new friends!

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
wine,women and song...beautiful beaches..good dominican food..good dominican people..to visit my friend louie and billy..both from my neighborhood in brooklyn...louie owns the ny shark bar in sosua..on the beach..billy is building a home in jamao..which i hope to visit in august. also have a few dominican friends that i have had the pleasure to meet during my many visits to the dr..to me it's like a home away from home..

Last edited:
May 12, 2005
It's the people, the food, the weather,the music and the entire culture of the country. I always feel like i'm at home among family and friends when i travel there, never feel like i'm on vacation and no urge to hurry back home. I like the place so much I am considering retiring there when the time comes.

angela-in-nj

May 1, 2005
fko1 said:
It's the people, the food, the weather,the music and the entire culture of the country. I always feel like i'm at home among family and friends when i travel there, never feel like i'm on vacation and no urge to hurry back home. I like the place so much I am considering retiring there when the time comes.

Hello everyone and fko1, the island is beautiful and still pretty safe but all these deportations of criminals back to the island mainly from the US is making it a bit unsafe, the government and us all need to do everything we can to keep having a beautiful green safe and fun island. Hopefully all of you with great intentions for the island can push for all of this.
thanks
keep the island beautiful
angela

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
Hello guys, in my case I found this website checking for news about Dominican Republic in english, when I realize that the site has a forum came to check what I could do for the members about any info about my country.

yvette

Jun 18, 2004
mislarimar said:
What made us ( a family) from belgium fall in love with the DR was the people.Although many of them don't have a easy life they seem to always be smiling.
I also love the nature,the colours,the diversity.
Will be starting my new life over there next month so keep your fingers crossed for us!
And i hope to make many new friends!

I think you are right about it being the people; I met a Dominican gentleman in the USA, his kindness blew me away!, he is from Santo Domingo.
Yvette

yvette

Jun 18, 2004
paddy said:
wine,women and song...beautiful beaches..good dominican food..good dominican people..to visit my friend louie and billy..both from my neighborhood in brooklyn...louie owns the ny shark bar in sosua..on the beach..billy is building a home in jamao..which i hope to visit in august. also have a few dominican friends that i have had the pleasure to meet during my many visits to the dr..to me it's like a home away from home..

Sounds like the place to be!
Yvette

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
the dominicans in my neighborhood seemed extremely family oriented-every Sunday its' parties in the park, loud music and everyone is hanging out. It also seemed as if they did not tolerate any nonsense, meaning that whatever time of day or night they were out I felt safe.
So I wanted to see for myself as my culture for whatever reason is severely lacking in some of the things that I would like to be around if and when I get married and have kids.
Also, I met alot of older dominican men who seemed to be experts at weaving a tale and having everyone in stitches, so I was very intrigued by the culture as it is so different from my own.
And also, the dominican women. ;)

yvette

Jun 18, 2004
Berzin said:
the dominicans in my neighborhood seemed extremely family oriented-every Sunday its' parties in the park, loud music and everyone is hanging out. It also seemed as if they did not tolerate any nonsense, meaning that whatever time of day or night they were out I felt safe.
So I wanted to see for myself as my culture for whatever reason is severely lacking in some of the things that I would like to be around if and when I get married and have kids.
Also, I met alot of older dominican men who seemed to be experts at weaving a tale and having everyone in stitches, so I was very intrigued by the culture as it is so different from my own.
And also, the dominican women. ;)

Berzin,

Sounds like an old movie I once saw set back in the 50's,
A little piece of nostalgia in present day!

Thanks for your input