Transaero Airlines will use B747-200 on flights to PUJ

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Begining November 1, Transaero Airlines will use B747-200 on its flights DME-PUJ, flights will be operated on Tuesdays and Fridays as usual. 3 planes were purchased from Virgin Atlantic Airways.

Jun 5, 2004
aviastar said:
Begining November 1, Transaero Airlines will use B747-200 on its flights DME-PUJ, flights will be operated on Tuesdays and Fridays as usual. 3 planes were purchased from Virgin Atlantic Airways.

What city is DME? Transaero airlines never heard of them.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Transaero has been flying to PUJ since 2003. Last winter they flew twice a week with very good loads. They just purchased 3 B747 from Virgin Atlantic and they are finishing the paint job to Transaero Colors. Guess will have to wait until november to see if the bring the 747 or keep flying the 767.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
007.jpg

Last edited:

franco

Nov 5, 2003
I think that new visa requirements for russians will make this flights less busy...

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
the new visa issue will be resolved soon, otherwise the russian tourism in DR will be over. There are other countries here in the Caribbean with same beaches.

It is ridiculous to require visa for russians. Dominican Republic has no consulate or embassy in Russia, so, it is another dominican styled surprise!

franco

Nov 5, 2003
aviastar said:
the new visa issue will be resolved soon, otherwise the russian tourism in DR will be over. There are other countries here in the Caribbean with same beaches.

It is ridiculous to require visa for russians. Dominican Republic has no consulate or embassy in Russia, so, it is another dominican styled surprise!

I don't know why it was a surprise for russians, I've heard about this plans like a half-year ago. And I support it. 3,000 tourists from Russia is not a big deal for tourism sector, but it's a real huge problem here with last statistics where russians are invloved in different criminal activities. Another problem - new immigration wave from Russia and mainly poor russians are coming: cheap russian residential area in Sosua (more looks like a fraud), russian strip-club "Anastasia" in Santo Domingo, russian girls in "Doll's House", etc, etc, etc.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
could you please make an example of crimes and criminal activities. Or you have no idea about germans who live in Sosua, those who come to enjoy cheap local girls and drugs? or there are no "bad" canadians in Sosua?????????

and ANASTASIA club is not a russian club, they have girls from russia and other countries, the club is owned by dominicans.

And we have much more than 3 000 travellers, but if you think this way, tomorrow you will fine Finland and other small markets not important as well, so you will lose all tourists.

Are you from Haiti, because it seems that those immigrants are non of your concerns, those are rich and lovely immigrants, right?

And please tell us where are you from!!!!!

Last edited:

franco

Nov 5, 2003
aviastar said:
could you please make an example of crimes and criminal activities. Or you have no idea about germans who live in Sosua, those who come to enjoy cheap local girls and drugs? or there are no "bad" canadians in Sosua?????????

and ANASTASIA club is not a russian club, they have girls from russia and other countries, the club is owned by dominicans.

And we have much more than 3 000 travellers, but if you think this way, tomorrow you will fine Finland and other small markets not important as well, so you will lose all tourists.

Are you from Haiti, because it seems that those immigrants are non of your concerns, those are rich and lovely immigrants, right?

And please tell us where are you from!!!!!

Ruslan, I'm from Tel-Aviv, Israel. You can ask in russian consulate about russians in prisons here. Also you can ask some resort's owners about their own experiences with russian tourists (from Russia, not from USA or Canada). And this is why Russians, Bielorusians and Ukranians need visa here, this is not my opinion, this is an official dicision of the Dominican Governement. And since you sell tickets to russians, I think you know how many russians from each flight are staying here to live, some of them are wanted on their fatherland. The problem is that it's not hard to get visa thru Dominican Consulate in Germany or France. And I know that there will be a consulate in Moscow very soon, but at least they will check a criminal background of visa applicants...

trap11

May 5, 2004
I am completely agreed to Franco's reply. They are just a bunch of assholes that steal everything they can. I own a restaurant, so in my life exprience I had like 4 robberies of !!! knifes and forks !!!. Could you believe it? But at the same time there are some russians that good and nice, but most of them are really rich, so they don't have this problems with being criminals. They buy a box of Dom Perignon (rose, 1985) and have fun.

So I strongly against these poor russians. We should close the door for them. Forever.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
franco, it seems you know me. well, everyone can express an opinion, so .... we also have criminals from Germany and other european countries, so don't paint everyone with the same color.

And remember, DR has extremely poor immigrants from Argentina, Venezuela and other countries.

By the way, if you are from Israel, I understand why you publish those subjects here. SORRY!

by the way, about owners, our tourists stay at such hotels as Melia, Bahia Principe or Barcelo. How did you get the opinions of their owners, they are not here!!!!!!

Last edited:

franco

Nov 5, 2003
aviastar said:
by the way, about owners, our tourists stay at such hotels as Melia, Bahia Principe or Barcelo. How did you get the opinions of their owners, they are not here!!!!!!

Ok, I'm sorry, not owners, but local managers...

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
ok, for example managers of which hotels? I had many tourists last season and I talk a lot with local managers.

By the way are you in Dominican Republic now, or you are in Israel?

franco

Nov 5, 2003
aviastar said:
ok, for example managers of which hotels? I had many tourists last season and I talk a lot with local managers.

By the way are you in Dominican Republic now, or you are in Israel?

In Santo Domingo and by the way I don't need even a tourist card to enter here. ;) For example managers of Riu Hotels.

And I've got my information about russian criminals and excessive immigration wave directly from my friend who is a high-ranked diplomatic official of Secretaria de Estado de Relaciones Exteriores.

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Don't do it please.

trap11 said:
I am completely agreed to Franco's reply. They are just a bunch of assholes that steal everything they can. I own a restaurant, so in my life exprience I had like 4 robberies of !!! knifes and forks !!!. Could you believe it? But at the same time there are some russians that good and nice, but most of them are really rich, so they don't have this problems with being criminals. They buy a box of Dom Perignon (rose, 1985) and have fun.

So I strongly against these poor russians. We should close the door for them. Forever.

close the door on Russians, well how im i supposed to get my wife in there than? :nervous:

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
how exsessive is this wave, even more russian immigrants than from Haiti, and all of them are bandits? well, I am glad that you don't need a tourist card to enter this country, neither do I.

By the way, I am talking about tourists, not immigrants.

franco

Nov 5, 2003
aviastar said:
how exsessive is this wave, even more russian immigrants than from Haiti, and all of them are bandits? well, I am glad that you don't need a tourist card to enter this country, neither do I.

By the way, I am talking about tourists, not immigrants.

Believe me they do analyze statistics and this decision means that there is more problems than advantage with russians here. But you stated, that it's a "dominican styled surprise", so it means that you live here without any respect to Dominican Republic and it's government? Or why do you think they did it, because there is nothing else to do in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs?

And by the way, I'm one of the few foreigners here who support extraditions of Haitians. I like Dominican Republic, I don't have anything against russians, I'm just saying about real facts. And I'm surprised why russians (who needs visa practically anywhere in the world) are so pissed off with this news. Gross domestic product per capita here is not much less than in Russian Federation with all it's oil, gas and diamonds, so I think 3,000 missing tourists (official number from the Secretar?a de Estado de Turismo) will cause some problems only to a russian companies who works with this destination.

And as I told you, it's for sure that Dominican Consulate in Moscow, Russia will be opened very soon. So it doesn't mean that DR closed it's doors on russian tourists.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
you don't have to say that I have no respect, but even in Israel people would inform other country at least 1 month before new rule. Remember that we have tourists for August with paid tickets and hotels, and they don't have to expirince problems because they have chosen this country for vacations.

And please do not publish number you have no idea about, 3 000 tourist is not a real number. Each aircraft had 230 seats, so you can calculate how many seats were sold. And don't you forget Air France, Condor and other connections.

Also russians don't need visas to anywhere in the world, all tourist destinations offer no visa entrance. Here in this part of the world tourist destinations that welcomes Russia are: Cuba, Jamaica, Costa Rica, Peru and some others.