Romatic DR trip to South Coast from North Coast

Nov 5, 2004
I am planning (as a surprise!!!..for now) a trip to Punta Cana/Boca Chica/South Coast area for our wedding anniversary.

There is another German/Dominican couple who will probably be joining us.

We are trying to plan a surprise/relaxing holiday for a nice vacation to the South Coast (we were thinking the Punta Cana/Boca Chica areas..but are open to suggestion).

What I want...
I was hoping for a resort, cuz I find it a really nice treat to stay on AI resorts on the beach for a change...the other couple are fine with just a nice hotel...and I am fine with it too. It's just (on the North Coast anyways) half the time, if you are staying on the resort to relax, it is a WAYYY better deal to get the AI, and have all your food/drink included.

Any nice resorts anyone can recomend on the South Coast for a romantic, but fun, anniversary trip?

Also, it is best if it can be booked form the DR. When I tried to book at the Barcelo resorts from the DR for our honeymoon, they would not allow us to book in the DR. It had to be booked from Spain...which of course raises the price considerably.

I was thinking of the Secrets resort in PC...it is Adults only and apparently amazing. But can it be booked only in the DR? Any idea how pricey it can be?

So for the frequent Punta Cana/Boca Chica travelers, what hotels/ resorts and places would you remcomend for a 4night - 8 night stay in the south coast?

As well..the other couple was thinking of flying from POP to PC area for this trip..I think it would be way cheaper and easier to take a bus or drive. Any advice/comments/ideas on this?

Thanks all!!! :D I have a bit of time..but like to plan in ahead, and discuss with the other couple ASAP. :)

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
take the bus.... its not like your gonna be there for a short period of time.... it will take bout 8 hours to get to PUJ from POP, but its fun... and cheapy cheapy....

as for hotels .... yes secrets is nice but MUCHO MUCHO $$$... other ones I'd suggest are Bahia Principe and Sunscapes The Beach (new hotels)... sunscapes the grand is good as well as Sirenis.... they can all be book by contactin the hotel

Nov 5, 2004
la_barbie said:
take the bus.... its not like your gonna be there for a short period of time.... it will take bout 8 hours to get to PUJ from POP, but its fun... and cheapy cheapy....

as for hotels .... yes secrets is nice but MUCHO MUCHO $$$... other ones I'd suggest are Bahia Principe and Sunscapes The Beach (new hotels)... sunscapes the grand is good as well as Sirenis.... they can all be book by contactin the hotel

Actually I meant to write Sirenis when I wrote about Secrets.

Because I believe Sirenis is the Adults only place. Any special privledges at the Adults only besides that there are no kids running around?? Although I think the little kids at resorts are really cute...and so does Carlos, he has more fun playing basketball with the little kids he has to lift up to reach the net then he does with ppl his own age...lol

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Sirenis is not Adults Only, Secrets is Adults only..

go on www.secretsresorts.com and you can get a internet price... for a junior suit without airfare for 7 nights i got quoted $2700 USD ...lol, obviously thats the net price and Carlos could get a better price... but it still will be $$$$

Other option is hotels with kids, some hotels have more kids than other ....
I have a good general idea of which resorts do and dont have so many... Ive been to almost all the hotels in Bavaro for architectural purposes and seen majority of guests.... also depends on when you wanna go... if its in september than it really doesnt matter cause kids will be in school ..

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
PeachezNcream84 said:
Actually I meant to write Sirenis when I wrote about Secrets.

Because I believe Sirenis is the Adults only place. Any special privledges at the Adults only besides that there are no kids running around?? Although I think the little kids at resorts are really cute...and so does Carlos, he has more fun playing basketball with the little kids he has to lift up to reach the net then he does with ppl his own age...lol
You get to swap your guy for another guy!

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
that was a low blow dumbass, maybe if you found yourself (pay for it, whatever) a good lay you'd lose your stupid remarks

Nov 5, 2004
I don't mind what Escott says, I think he is entertaining :D:D

I wouldn't trade my guy with another for an offer of over a couple billion dollars so it's ok! :D:D:D

Barbie, I'll look up that website, but a price like what you found on the website is laughable. I have heard PC is beautiful, but that is an EXTREMELY overinflated tourist price.

Many AI's on the North Coast, between 3-4 star will be between $35-65 US per person per night. A VERy deceant price. Although this is not their website price, or even one you will get by e-mailing them. It is a price you can get when you go to their reception and talk to them.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
... just adding my cheap canadian dollars worth !! ;)

I've always had a laugh at secrets prices... but as I said there are others...

clara

Jan 6, 2005
You might consider Bayahibe, which is about 30 minutes beyond La Romana. It is much nicer than Boca Chica and probably cheaper than PC. The beach is beautiful and you are near a quaint fishing town if you feel like exploring beyond the AI. Friends of our got a deal of around USD70/person last summer at VIVA Dominicus in Bayahibe. Your husband should be able to get "Dominican rates" at any of these places.

Suerte...and have a great trip.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
la_barbie said:
that was a low blow dumbass, maybe if you found yourself (pay for it, whatever) a good lay you'd lose your stupid remarks
You need visit Http://www.sankybanky.com

A Name you can Trust!

Escott_freetrial.gif

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm still waiting for the checks to come in for using my pictures. :laugh:

Hey I was kind of cute back in 1999. :nervous: Picture with red blouse

Just credit my account instead so I can send to my sankies, ;)

please and thank you.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Escott said:
Nah, I have seen your picture...

Please Visit:

Http://www.sankybanky.com

A Name you can Trust.

Almost buddy, Almost....

I've been hearin from the rumour mill the past couple weeks that you're not a very liked person .... tsk tsk.... headin on my hit list too soon enough..

Last edited:

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Good Idea

clara said:
You might consider Bayahibe, which is about 30 minutes beyond La Romana. It is much nicer than Boca Chica and probably cheaper than PC. The beach is beautiful and you are near a quaint fishing town if you feel like exploring beyond the AI. Friends of our got a deal of around USD70/person last summer at VIVA Dominicus in Bayahibe. Your husband should be able to get "Dominican rates" at any of these places.

Suerte...and have a great trip.

I have stayed at Bayahibe several times and always enjoyed it. Much nicer than BC.

Have a great time.

Charlie

May 31, 2005
First La Romana, then Bayahibe, and then Punta Cana. You guys are getting even farther from Santo Domingo with each new post.

la_barbie said:
Almost buddy, Almost....

I've been hearin from the rumour mill the past couple weeks that you're not a very liked person .... tsk tsk.... headin on my hit list too soon enough..

I love you Scotty no matter what everyone else says. But let me get back on topic, I would also suggest Bayahibe as the best option for a romantic south coast getaway.
Badpiece