Punta Cana transport and hotel

bilgeno

Jun 27, 2005
1. I would like to stay for a week in a small hotel, no all inclusive. The guide du routard recommends La Posada de Piedra in El Cortecito. Has anyone stayed there ? Does anyone have an idea where it is good to stay?

2. Can anyone tell me how much a taxi from Punta Cana airport to El Cortecito costs and how long it takes ?

Thanks in advance.

europeanguy

Nov 23, 2004
http://www.colonialtours.com.do/villasprincesa.htm?s_Zonas=1&s_Hotel=&hdinterPage=6
Costs is US$ 45 a night.

For much cheaper prices I recommend Higuey. Taxi prices from airports in the DR are ridiculous. Taxis start at around US$ 25. But the airport of Punta Cana is on a highway. Until 19.00 o' clock there are buses going on the highway to Higuey for US$ 1-2. When you arrive after 19.00 ask one of the mini vans on the highway to put you off at the nearest busstop (5 minutes). Some do it for free, as they are headed anyway that way, and some will ask a fee.
But this doesn't answer your question, hope somebody else will answer your question more specific about the taxi ride.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
El Cortecito

If you want to go to the El Cortecito area, you have the option of La Posada de Piedra or the Cortecito Inn. Posada is directly on the beach and it is quaint. The rooms lack a/c but the breezes off the water tend to keep the rooms comfortable. Across the street from the Posada is the Cortecito Inn, it offers a/c and pool facilities. El Cortecito is a compact area and offers just about everything a visitor would need. There are many little shops, a supermarket, and restaurants - including Capitan Cooks.

The taxi fare from PUJ airport to El Cortecito will be about US$ 22 and the transit time is about 15-25 minutes depending on traffic conditions.

Note: Hig?ey is inland, away from the tourist zone, about 30 miles- 45 km, 45 min - 1 hr transit, from the Bavaro/Cortecito/Punta Cana.

Enjoy your stay and regards,
PJT