Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    .............. ?
    Post Thanks / Like

Default VERIZON - again...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Is anyone else STILL having issues with Verizon????

I cannot believe they are still having problems. It appears that I need to spend 1/2 my day tracking emails and responses. They just aren't getting through.

BTW, I could have asked this question directly to someone here but I thought others might like to hear the answers.....

I need a good drink......

Post Thanks / Like

I've lost the occasional e-mail with no error message - very annoying when you can't guarantee that your messages are reaching their recipients.

One day no messages were delivered at all - you know something is wrong when there is not even spam in your inbox - and I missed out on a work commitment.

.............. ?
    Post Thanks / Like

I am losing so many emails going out, I can't even imagine how many I am missing coming in.

I have more than one account and any given day the problems are different!!! IT is making me crazy. And I am crazy enough already.....

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya
    I've lost the occasional e-mail with no error message - very annoying when you can't guarantee that your messages are reaching their recipients.
    I'm not familiar with Verizon's email system, but many systems have a return receipt option. This will let you know when the recipient has opened your email (assuming they have not elected to override the notification).

.............. ?
    Post Thanks / Like

I use two different methods to track, the first tells me it was received by the other server, the second is a request to the reader to let me know they opened it, which they can ignore if they want. The first is automatic and is not working currently. So, I am at a loss to know if they are getting through or not!

I'm now not even receiving my notifications from here! But it is Verizon not anyone else.....

Apparently there were so many problems at one point that Verizon from the DR was spam alert highlighted by yahoo! All emails from verizon.net.do were blocked by yahoo. That has been fixed apparently.

Now I have no idea what the heck is going on..... It is frustrating and annoying. I might have to go drink....

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok folks, get a freakin web based email account and forget Verizon already.

You guys are just bashers! Viva Yahoo! Viva Google!

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Escott
    Ok folks, get a freakin web based email account and forget Verizon already.

You guys are just bashers! Viva Yahoo! Viva Google!
    Escott is 100% right.
    Hotmail, Google, Yahoo, whatever floats your boat.
    Verizon not only has problems with it's e-mails, but it's widely known that they are virus prone, so a web based e-mail account is the way to go.

.............. ?
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand what you are saying. I have other email addresses but my internet connection is via Verizon and there in lies the problems..... Half the time the damn thing won't go thru. For business I have to have accounts other then hotmail or yahoo....

IT is beyond my techno understanding......

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by planner
    I understand what you are saying. I have other email addresses but my internet connection is via Verizon and there in lies the problems..... Half the time the damn thing won't go thru. For business I have to have accounts other then hotmail or yahoo....

IT is beyond my techno understanding......
    Perhaps I misunderstood.
    I thought you were using your Verizon account, and that was what was giving you trouble.
    Could you explain a bit better what exactly is happening?
    Perhaps we can help you fix it.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Verizon have been having lots of DNS server issues the past few days.

This is why some peopel cannot access sites outside of the DR.
    This also effects outgoing mail as the server cannot resolve the domains.

Best thing is to add a 2nd DNS that is based in the USA.
    Look on Google for DNS server IP's that you can use.

Fortunatly DR1 has it's own DNS server based in Dallas, so we get to use that

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast