Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Barcelo Talanquera AI- Good or Bad?

  1. #1
    I didn't last long...
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,136
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Barcelo Talanquera AI- Good or Bad?

    Has anyone here stayed at the Barcelo Talanquera All Inclusive Resort in Juan Dolio?.

    I am trying to stay away from Boca Chica but close enough to Santo Domingo so I can do the things that I need to do for my brother and relax at the same time and some friends have recomended this resort.

    Off hand, I really don't care about the price as long as it's a nice place. I don't ask for much but I would really would just like be able to relax ( if possible and if I am allowed, hehe).

    I do promise that I WILL sit with a sankie/sankiette and give him/her some pointers on how to "perfect their craft", . Lets see how "original" they are. I would even put my companion as "bait", . Just kidding!!.

    Ok, if someone knows about this place, let me know here or on PM.

    MommC, thanks darling for your PM's. Very helpful.

  2. #2
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    8,940
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Miguel

    My daughter stayed there and did not like it at all, in fact she said it sucked big time, we stayed at the Capella next door same time, it was very good.

  3. #3
    I didn't last long...
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,136
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default I see!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hlywud
    My daughter stayed there and did not like it at all, in fact she said it sucked big time, we stayed at the Capella next door same time, it was very good.
    My friend, Mayra, stayed there for 3 days for her niece's b-day last week and they all loved it.

    But, a person from work, one of these 'stuck-up" jack, told me that he did not like it. That's the reason that I am asking those who have stayed there to give me a feedback on the place.

    I do promise that if we stay there and it sucks, "off to the Capella we will go" or visa versa.

    Thanks!

  4. #4
    *** Sin Bin ***
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,468
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Barcelo Talanquera AI- Good or Bad?

    You don't seem to be too generous with instructions to the jury (Good or Bad?). Even for this barefoot local, the verdict is unanimously 'Bad'.

  5. #5
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    715
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up A-1

    Quote Originally Posted by miguel
    Has anyone here stayed at the Barcelo Talanquera All Inclusive Resort in Juan Dolio?.

    I am trying to stay away from Boca Chica but close enough to Santo Domingo so I can do the things that I need to do for my brother and relax at the same time and some friends have recomended this resort.

    Off hand, I really don't care about the price as long as it's a nice place. I don't ask for much but I would really would just like be able to relax ( if possible and if I am allowed, hehe).

    I do promise that I WILL sit with a sankie/sankiette and give him/her some pointers on how to "perfect their craft", . Lets see how "original" they are. I would even put my companion as "bait", . Just kidding!!.

    Ok, if someone knows about this place, let me know here or on PM.

    MommC, thanks darling for your PM's. Very helpful.


    Don't you think that a nice hotel outside of A-1 would be much nicer if price is not in issue, being they see THE true country, eat real food, see real people, and enjoy a much nicer stay..... especially when it's your brother of all people. Me myself would never put my brother , and family in a A-1 when you can find a nice hotel, with pool for the children and travel, eat, leave, when you can be around gringos like me.

  6. #6
    Silver
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,070
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool

    I have never stayed there myself but have never heard great things about the place. If you want to stay in the JD area, I recommend Coral Costa Caribe just down the street, I have stayed there more times than I wish to admit...great smaller size AI!

  7. #7
    I didn't last long...
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,136
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Thanks but!

    Quote Originally Posted by drloca
    I have never stayed there myself but have never heard great things about the place. If you want to stay in the JD area, I recommend Coral Costa Caribe just down the street, I have stayed there more times than I wish to admit...great smaller size AI!
    Actually, the opinions are towards not staying there but I was told that if I stay at the Coral Costa Caribe, that I would be very unhappy too.

  8. #8
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    2,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have to agree with Wud on this one. You would be much happier at the Capella. Better yet for a more peaceful place to crash stay at the Barcelo Colonial Tropical across the street from Capella. Your family can visit there without a day pass and you will still have the A1 package of Capella facilities to boot! From your past post I am sure you will not be at the resort too much anyways. I have lived in the area and stayed at the Talanquera,Costa Caribe,Tropical Colonial and Capella. My number one choice used to be the Capella but now it is the Colonial because I get the best of both worlds that way. At this moment I do not have the time to post the differences between the 4 resorts so I will try to give you more detailed info later.When did you say you are going?

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default A very bad place

    Quote Originally Posted by miguel
    Has anyone here stayed at the Barcelo Talanquera All Inclusive Resort in Juan Dolio?.

    I am trying to stay away from Boca Chica but close enough to Santo Domingo so I can do the things that I need to do for my brother and relax at the same time and some friends have recomended this resort.

    Off hand, I really don't care about the price as long as it's a nice place. I don't ask for much but I would really would just like be able to relax ( if possible and if I am allowed, hehe).

    I do promise that I WILL sit with a sankie/sankiette and give him/her some pointers on how to "perfect their craft", . Lets see how "original" they are. I would even put my companion as "bait", . Just kidding!!.

    Ok, if someone knows about this place, let me know here or on PM.

    MommC, thanks darling for your PM's. Very helpful.
    I stayed there for 3 weeks this past christmas. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. I had daily complaints regarding the rooms and service.The sink was cracked, the furniture was old. I had to wait 3 days just to get a remote control. The 1st room would have made Motel 6 look like the Ritz. The bed was so bad I had to find one spot to sleep. I was finally moved to a second room which was much better.

    The second room was near the disco and beach, so I had the convience of being near the beach but the inconvience of the music if I wanted to sleep. I could not get a bathmat(bath floor towell), they said they were out. The AC thermostat button was broke so I could not turn the temperture. It took 2 days to fix and I got a cold from this.

    Everyday I went upfront to either complain or exchange money their were many other people complaining loudly. I had a chance to talk and they all said this is the worst customer service and facilities they have been to.

    I got married while I was there. My Esposa and her brother used to work there about 4 or 5 years ago. She said the facilities are very bad then what they used to be.

    My advice, pay a couple of dollars more and enjoy. I will not stay at any Barcelo properties ever because I wrote to customer service and the President and never received a response.

  10. #10
    I didn't last long...
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,136
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Fine, gracias.

    Quote Originally Posted by dulce
    I have to agree with Wud on this one. You would be much happier at the Capella. Better yet for a more peaceful place to crash stay at the Barcelo Colonial Tropical across the street from Capella. Your family can visit there without a day pass and you will still have the A1 package of Capella facilities to boot! From your past post I am sure you will not be at the resort too much anyways. I have lived in the area and stayed at the Talanquera,Costa Caribe,Tropical Colonial and Capella. My number one choice used to be the Capella but now it is the Colonial because I get the best of both worlds that way. At this moment I do not have the time to post the differences between the 4 resorts so I will try to give you more detailed info later.When did you say you are going?
    Thanks guys, specially you, grand_dre.

    I got my answers.

    Thanks dulce, I will be calling you later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •