cab fares

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
Hola todos,

I have a question about the price you can expect to pay to take a cab from Sosua to Cabarete..
How much these days ?

How much from Coral Marien to Cabarete ?

Thanks in advance

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
You can take a taxi or a guagua.

Sosua - Cabarete $10US or a guagua for $10RD - $20RD per person (they will try to get you to pay more than a local)

Coral Marien - Cabarete $30US - $35US (+ $10US - $15US if you want the driver to wait for 2 - 3 hours) or a guagua for about $30RD per person (they will try to get you to pay more than a local)

All prices mas o menos.

Gregg

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
tip of the day for cabfarers...

demand to pay less, or more, depending on the condition of the cab (no airconditioning, dirty/seamy upholstery/driver, cracked windshield, etc.). Also, settle the fare before you mount.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Mirador said:
demand to pay less, or more, depending on the condition of the cab (no airconditioning, dirty/seamy upholstery/driver, cracked windshield, etc.).
Yes - if you can.

Mirador said:
Also, settle the fare before you mount.
ABSOLUTELY - I should have mentioned this.

Gregg

bozorboso

May 16, 2005
here's a funny story about a guagua from Sosua to Cabarete...my friend and i got on, and we heard the money collector say something about 200 pesos...each! we just gave him a funny look (we don't speak much spanish). we watched closely as other people got off, seeing how much they were paying, and when we got off we payed him the correct $10 pesos each, and walked quickly away before he could protest...
as long as we were observant of what the locals were doing, they couldn't do anything about it

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
In April I took a guagua from Cabarete to Puerto Plata. When I got out I gave the money collector $30RD (the correct fare). He looked at me and said "one hundred" whereupon I smiled at him and called him a "Bandito", gave him an extra $10RD and said "Nice try". We both left laughing - well worth the $10RD IMHO.

Gregg

bilgeno

Jun 27, 2005
I must say that for supposedly one of the poorest countries in the world I find the taxi fares totally exaggerated. 20 to 30 USD for a 20 minute drive ?
This is just ridiculous.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You can hire an entire "publico" for about RD150!
Across the street from Texaco is the publico depot.
Just tell the driver you want to buy all 6 seats X RD25.
Be sure he repeats the negotiated price, they are famous for changing the price.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
bilgeno said:
I must say that for supposedly one of the poorest countries in the world I find the taxi fares totally exaggerated. 20 to 30 USD for a 20 minute drive ?
This is just ridiculous.

And of course gas is only 4 cents a gallon there since they are poor (poor countries get free gas) , vs. $2.00 or more where you rich dudes live. How much is a cab ride for 30 miles in NYC? $50 or so, right?

Your post is ridiculous.