Hey me toooooo.....

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I've joined the ranks of bloggers!!!! I finally took the plunge and did it. I just hope that I can write things you will actually want to read!

Please let me know your comments, suggestions and questions, but be gentle....LOL

I will warn you, I can get long winded..... Lots to tell.

Here is the link:

http://dr1.com/blogs/?u=planner

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
planner said:
I've joined the ranks of bloggers!!!! I finally took the plunge and did it. I just hope that I can write things you will actually want to read!

Please let me know your comments, suggestions and questions, but be gentle....LOL

Here is the link:

Congrats, you will do great. Don't worry about people being interested, they read mine don't they!?!? How crazy is that? LOL

Escott

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Too true... I will still try to keep it interesting. It does already feel like a commitment!!!! Sheeeesh, not the kind I was looking for LOL

By the way, I still read yours faithfully!

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
Great stuff

Planner, I just read your blog and it was great reading. This is the kind of stuff that I was looking for upon becoming a member of the site. Information that is interesting reading. I like the take on some of the restaurants, bars and clubs.
I just returned late last night from PC and might just do a little trip report.

Enjoyed your blog immensely; please keep it up. Another great perspective.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
planner said:

Here is the link:

Hummmmmmmm.....very nice!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Ahhhhhhhhh shucks. Glad you like it. Gives me hope! And yes, do your trip report please.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
planner said:
Ahhhhhhhhh shucks. Glad you like it. Gives me hope! And yes, do your trip report please.
You are just kidding, eh? Which trip would you like?......stoy

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Good job planner. IMHO fun defined is a night on the town in Puerto Plata. La Canita is one of my favorites, along with Patio de Johnny. I don't even bother with the tourist discos any more. Expensive drinks and American music? I don't need to fly to the carribean for that! My situation is a bit different, first because I'm male, and second because I bring my dance partner with me. If I get a waitress who's a "live wire", I'll usually ask my date if it's OK and dance with her, just for fun and variety. I think your advice about changing partners frequently to avoid giving the wrong impression makes a lot of sense.

I agree with your assessment of Dominican DJs. It seems a lot of them just don't get the concept that their job is to give the people what they want, get them off their chairs and dancing, and then to keep them dancing til they get thirsty and sit down to buy more drinks. I'm not a big fan of the "rotation" at La Canita. I dance primarily to bachata. They play plenty of it there, but it's 5 or six songs in a row. Then they move on to merengue, salsa and reggaeton, and it might be 8 or 10 songs before they play another bachata. I wish they'd mix it up a bit more, but I still like the atmosphere and the cheap Presidentes.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Thanks Sweet. I'll continue to post on my life here in POP, but especially the night life. I am a night person who is required to also be a day person...NOt fair...

About the music: this seems to be the way it is done in almost all the local clubs! The mix changes slightly but not much, first merengue, then bachatta then a couple of salsas,,, maybe some crap music and back to the beginning....LOL

See you need to be more like me honey: I dance them all - except to that gasoline song which I detest!!!!

Next time you visit, let me know!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
What in helll!!!

What in hell is going on?. I hated "bloogies" and now I NEED to read yours and carina's all the time. Insane!.

Nice, nice indeed!.

Ps: don't forget that MAYBE we will have a "date" when I get to the DR. Do you mind sharing with AZB and my companion, ;) ;) ?. Just don't believe those PM that you will get from Miguel's "liker", :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .

Last edited:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Way cool, thanks Miguel! Sharing!!! Sharing you say!!! Oh man I hate sharing... but for you and AZB, no problem...

I will be blogging shortly and will post when I am done. It's been a bit of an insane day!!!

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
miguel said:
What in hell is going on?. I hated "bloogies" and now I NEED to read yours and carina's all the time. Insane!.

Nice, nice indeed!.

Ps: don't forget that MAYBE we will have a "date" when I get to the DR. Do you mind sharing with AZB and my companion, ;) ;) ?. Just don't believe those PM that you will get from Miguel's "liker", :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .

Miguel, your addicted...you know like some people are with soap operas..
just you have better taste! ;)

Last edited:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I done blogged again...

I just finished another installment...

Carina , you absolutely crack me up. I know you don't mean to, well sometimes you do. Your inadvertant use of the wrong english words is so endearing....

I am pretty sure Miguel is addicted..... LOL

woooooooooo hoooooooooooo

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Si!!

planner said:

Carina , you absolutely crack me up. I know you don't mean to, well sometimes you do. Your inadvertant use of the wrong english words is so endearing....

If you are talking that I am addicted to the "sharing", then by all means, I AM ADDICTED!!! ;) . But if you if I have to share with AZB (since I don't know where he has been), I rather record the whole thing and just be an "looker"., lol.

Nice bloogies you two!!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Now Miguel, this means you are not only addicted but also a voyeur now....

Sheeeeesh now I really do have to meet you!!!

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
planner said:

LOL.. I am glad I can keep you happy with my little misstakes... ;)

Is that something that is considered "typical Canadian" by the way?
When a European speaks or writes English, an American for example sees this from the sunny side. A Canadian HAVE to point out faults, it?s true.. it happens over and over again!!!
Being a European, used to several languages, speaking several too, it seems strange to me that it should be important...
Heck let?s all turn over to esperanto, lol!! ;)

Now I will click myself to your blog!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Oh Carina, it was meant in a nice way only!!!! Endearing is a good word! It is a nice thing, not a criticism. I only pointed it out cause it struck me so much as fun!!!!

Don't worry us Canadians have fault too! OF course we will not point them out to you or admit to them..... You have to find them yourself....

It amazes me when anyone can speak more than one language. For me it is a day in and day out struggle. You make it look much easier. I know it isn't, I know it is work too.....

Thanks Maine Girl... I enjoy doing it...

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
planner said:
Oh Carina, it was meant in a nice way only!!!! Endearing is a good word! It is a nice thing, not a criticism. I only pointed it out cause it struck me so much as fun!!!!

Don't worry us Canadians have fault too! OF course we will not point them out to you or admit to them..... You have to find them yourself....

It amazes me when anyone can speak more than one language. For me it is a day in and day out struggle. You make it look much easier. I know it isn't, I know it is work too.....

Thanks Maine Girl... I enjoy doing it...

No problem, I didn?t take it like criticism... that doesn?t bite on me...
It is just something I noticed happen very often...
And the best part is, I am happy anyway and don?t care about it. ;)

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
planner said:
Ahhhhh, mucho simpatico otra vez
I wouldn't expected anything less.