Shared Apartment/Room Mate

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
I don't know if I'm even allowed to do this but here goes :)

I may be looking for a person to share my apartment. I live in a quiet safe neighbourhood in El Batey, Sosua.

Let me know if your interested or if anyone has feedback on shared apartments in the DR - I'm sure there are many horror stories out there ;)

Stay well,
Amy

Nov 5, 2004
I assume its a two bedroom , and you are looking for someone for the second room?

Does it have a genrator? Any other info on it?

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
amy2761 said:
I don't know if I'm even allowed to do this but here goes :)

I may be looking for a person to share my apartment. I live in a quiet safe neighbourhood in El Batey, Sosua.

Let me know if your interested or if anyone has feedback on shared apartments in the DR - I'm sure there are many horror stories out there ;)

Stay well,
Amy

Amy, probably there are horror stories, but there also good stories..
I know some people sharing apartment here in POP and it works perfectly.
I think the main issue to check is that it is ok with your landlord, unless you don?t own the apartment of course.

And also, if you rent out a room, the deal goes under the same laws as for anyone renting out. As you probably know they are very much in favor of the renter in case things doesn?t work out. If the renter can prove rent is paid on time, you can have big problems getting rid of him/her if it turns out to be a bastard..
Not saying this will happen, just keep in mind it can happen.

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Sosua now - moved almost a year ago!

Hlywud said:
I thought you were in Cabarete?

Most of all be very careful, I do not want to hear that a friend happened to be part of a horror story.

Wud

Thank you - I appreciate the thought :)

Carina - thank you for your support - I know there are success stories but was expecting to hear all the horror stories.

Peaches - yes, two bedroom two bath with maids room accessable from the outside of the building. No generator, invertor comming soon :) and there's a whole lot of other info on it but this would be a situation of comfort i.e. if I'm not comfortable with the person then it won't happen.

I am not in a situation to rent the apartment out right now as my brother is comming to visit and he needs a place to stay while he's here, but I don't know how long he'll be here so I'd like to keep my options open if he decides to push off in a few weeks time you know?

SO, any more feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Stay well,
Amy