Nude beach ? near POP...

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
Hola todos,
first I want to thank very much all people who answer on previous threads (cab fares). I don't know about Fireguy and Gregg but you have allways the answer at our question. BRAVO.

I want to know if there are some nude beach near Puerto Plata (not to far please...) And what about nudism in this Carribean country ? Is it offensive or else..?
Dont send me to eden bay resort because the internet address is not good.

Thanks in advance

23 sleeps from nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww !

HolaCanada

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I want to know if there are some nude beach near Puerto Plata (not to far please...) And what about nudism in this Carribean country ? Is it offensive or else..?

What's 'nudism'? the 'ism' suggest it could be some sort of philosophy, or maybe a social movement, even a religion. If you are talking about the nude body, then you most be aware that people in general respond with varying degrees of offense to the naked human body, of couse, depending on many variables ;) Now, if you personally happen to be allergic to swimming in the ocean with a swimsuit on, then I suggest you go to a secluded beach or cove. And if you are 'tourist looking' and a passing and curious authority walks by, then all you may get is an admonition and a reprimand that such informality is not allowed in the DR.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
holacanada said:
Hola todos,
first I want to thank very much all people who answer on previous threads (cab fares). I don't know about Fireguy and Gregg but you have allways the answer at our question. BRAVO.

Thanks in advance

HolaCanada
All depends are WHERE you are. While maybe it is not accepted in north coast areas, it is more recconized in the east. ALL the resorts or AI's in the Punta Cana, Bavaro area accept it(the hotel I stay at has a pool designated "topless") and if you go to some smaller towns like Cortecito, you will find many Europeans walking the beach, topless of coarse.

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
ggn420 said:
All depends are WHERE you are. While maybe it is not accepted in north coast areas, it is more recconized in the east. ALL the resorts or AI's in the Punta Cana, Bavaro area accept it(the hotel I stay at has a pool designated "topless") and if you go to some smaller towns like Cortecito, you will find many Europeans walking the beach, topless of coarse.
A topless beach & a nude beach are two different things. I think he wants a nude beach, as in butt-a$$ naked.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
BigCity27 said:
A topless beach & a nude beach are two different things. I think he wants a nude beach, as in butt-a$$ naked.
Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! That's even better, can't help him out there

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Nudist Resort

There is talk that a new Hotel is under way in the Rio San Juan area and it will be adult only clothing optional.
Rio San Juan is about 1 HR. From Pto.Pta Airport.

Gringo

paradiseron

Jun 1, 2005
Gringo said:
There is talk that a new Hotel is under way in the Rio San Juan area and it will be adult only clothing optional.
Rio San Juan is about 1 HR. From Pto.Pta Airport.

Gringo

Are you sure we are not talking about the same hotel? Eden Bay is just a couple of miles from Rio San Juan. There is a map on the website indicating resort's location. http://www.edenbay.com/arrival.php

smoky

Jul 6, 2005
I think we have to respect the dominicans.
This is a catholic country and nude or even topless is not allowed. I also agree, that this a country with prostitution - also not allowed. And yes, dominicans accept topless in the hotelarea (pool/beach). But to go naked, please stay away from public beaches.
If you like to get your a... sunburned: between sosua and cabarete you have a lot of small beaches where you can go. Enter the street from the mainstreet Sosua-Cabarete (entrada to coconut palm resort), straight to the beach and turn left (direction to cabarete) There you have many places to enjoy the sun 100%. And nobody will see you.
:bandit:

Coralreer

Sep 16, 2004
smoky said:
I think we have to respect the dominicans.
This is a catholic country and nude or even topless is not allowed.

Not true - Playa Grande - topless, and it's official. Also most of the resorts are topless. Eden Bay has an official permit to be au-naturel. Dominicans work there, many come there to sunbase nude. There are many catholics that are nudists, including some clergy.

smoky

Jul 6, 2005
aha, it?s legal to be topless in Playa Dorada? It seems to be normal on the North Coast. Here we have a different law than the rest of the country.
Sorry: nude or topless: it?s not allowed. Edenbay is a private area, differnet. Nobody will put you in prison when you are naked in your pool, as far it is your private pool.
And i really wish that the Policia de turismo will do something against this "topless" maniacs. But they are more busy to catch small haitian guys who sell mani or clean shoes. And during the night they have to take care that the putas pay her part to them....

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
You will never find a 'nude bathing allowed' sign anywhere in the DR. However, you can use a simple rule of thumb to determine if a place is apt for nude bathing: scan the surroundings 360 degrees, and if you see no offending/offended public eyes eavesdropping, you're on skinny dip beach!

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
re Smoky
Spain, France and Italy are also Catholic countrys. The topless fasshion in those countrys is very common and accepted.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
paradiseron said:
Are you sure we are not talking about the same hotel? Eden Bay is just a couple of miles from Rio San Juan. There is a map on the website indicating resort's location. http://www.edenbay.com/arrival.php

No I'm aware of Edan Bay, its been there for some years now closed most of time untill recently.

I'm told this new Resort will cater to the well off Europeans who are quite interested in Nudisman and will pay the money to experience a holliday the way they want.

paradiseron

Jun 1, 2005
[QUOITE]I'm told this new Resort will cater to the well off Europeans who are quite interested in Nudisman and will pay the money to experience a holliday the way they want.[/QUOTE]

Not only - a lot of people from US, Canada, and Latin countries visit as well.

Miggy

Jul 27, 2005
the only choice for nudism in DR

Miggy from Miami

There is a tour operator that can take you to Eden Bay. He has a bus for 25-30 people, very clean and with ac. His name is Diego and he lives in Puerto Plata. He works mainly in the North Coast, especially in Cabarete, where we met him. His cell is 251-1105 and his email is diegolicx@hotmail.com. He did a great job organizing everything and waiting for us for the 5 hours we were there. He knows the place and gave us a little tour of the Resort, by us I mean my husband and me, and six other couples.

The driver had a very heavy foot, as he drove the bus very fast for my taste, but I guess I can live with that. The price for my husband and me was 120, and it included Lunch (a la carte) served at the Beach Bar
4 PM Snacks
Alcoholic and Non alcoholic Beverages
Volleyball, Pools, Jacuzzi, Ocean Kayaks
Use of Beach Towel and outside showers
The entrance to the resort

We are staying at Riu Mambo in Puerto Plata. After a lot of wandering around and looking for a nice beach where to be nude or at least topless, without the bother of eyes staring at me and my husband all the time, I found that Eden Bay was the only choice in this Country, for clothing optional activities. The resort is adults only, 18+.

This is the second time for me and my husband in the Dominican Republic but our first time to Eden Bay. The service was great, the staff did everything they could to make us feel comfortable on our first visit to a clothing optional resort, in the Caribbean I must say, and we are planning to return very soon.

holacanada said:
Hola todos,

Thanks in advance

HolaCanada

Miggy

Jul 27, 2005
Visit to n-beach in RD:

Looking for nude beaches in DR, try Eden Bay. Visit www.playagrandeway.com to make your visit to this clothing optional resort/beach the cheapest possible. I visited this place with my husband and I am glad I did. Lots of amenities for little money, the way it should be.

Miggy

Jul 27, 2005
Visit to n-beach in RD:

Looking for nude beaches in DR, try Eden Bay. Visit www.playagrandeway.com to make your visit to this clothing optional resort/beach the cheapest possible. I visited this place with my husband and I am glad I did. Lots of amenities for little money, the way it should be.

paradiseron

Jun 1, 2005
Miggy said:

Miggy, thank you for a nice comments about our resort.
Yefim Furlender, webmaster
www.edenbay.com