Flight from Santo Domingo to Santiago

supertight2001

Jul 5, 2005
Hello,

I'm flying from Curacao to visit my girlfriend in Santiago for a weekend. Since I don't have much time, my best option was fying into Santo Domingo. (Since flying from Curacao to Santiago require me to go to San Juan first, my trip would be an extra 5 hours long and $250 more expensive.)
Once in Santo Domingo, I can't find any other flights to Santiago online. I've contacted charter companies who outrageously charge $600 for three people round trip. I don't have any contact info for either airport also. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Have your girlfriend meet you at Santo Domingo Airport

If she is the least bit intelligent she can find a taxi that will take here there and pick you up for a $100....

HB :D:D:D

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
If your girlfriend

is a typical Dominicana, she will have no problem getting to SDQ to meet you by bus/gua gua. Then rent a car at the airport. 2 days rental will cost less than round trip taxi fare, and you will have the use of the car the entire time. The trip to Santiago is about 2 1/2 hours.

asimpleguy

Jun 8, 2005
supertight2001 said:
Hello,

I'm flying from Curacao to visit my girlfriend in Santiago for a weekend. Since I don't have much time, my best option was fying into Santo Domingo. (Since flying from Curacao to Santiago require me to go to San Juan first, my trip would be an extra 5 hours long and $250 more expensive.)
Once in Santo Domingo, I can't find any other flights to Santiago online. I've contacted charter companies who outrageously charge $600 for three people round trip. I don't have any contact info for either airport also. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you

I have been to Santo Domingo only once for 1 week (that was last week). I took the Metro from Santo Domingo to Santiago. It's just a little over two hours and very comfortable. There are buses every hour both ways. It's only 200 pesos one way.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Here is what I figuered

I figuered that if the guy were to take our usual recommendation of
Taxi to Metro or Caribe tours. Then the bus to Santiago , he would lose a lot of hours like Escott said.

However, if, as another poster said, the gal is smart, she can meet him at the airport, getting there either by taxi from Santiago--there are plenty of them- or by the typical DR way of using all sorts of public transport along the way. After all she is not the one in a hurry. (Well, sort of, I suppose)

Then, Scotty, they can cuddle up and do the nefarious in the back of the taxi as they ride back to Santiago, if they chose. Or if they were to rent a car, they could stop along the way to "resolve things."

Either way, the trip back would be more fun..:p:p:p

As for getting a charter, wouldn't the guy have to get over to Herrera for that? And wouldn't that cost a nice tidy sum just to get to the airport, then he would have to diddle with the different charter services for a flight to STI? And then from there get to Santiago? All by his lonesome?

I say, let the girl get to SDQ, give him the BIG reception and they can go from there....

HB :D:D:D

asimpleguy

Jun 8, 2005
Even if there are flights between Santo Domingo and Santiago, I can't see how much time he can save over a taxi or a bus ride. Firstly, the flights run on their own schedule and you have to match those with your's. Then there is always this time for check-ins, sec checks and boarding.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
supertight2001 said:
Hello,

Thank you
You can fly Aero Domca or Air Santo Domingo.....they have daily flights, cost is about 50US and take under an hour. Both fly from Herrera airportSDQ.

swake

Oct 27, 2002
ggn420 said:
You can fly Aero Domca or Air Santo Domingo.....they have daily flights, cost is about 50US and take under an hour. Both fly from Herrera airportSDQ.
Naaah! Rent a car as Sweet said. Driving the Duarte will only add to the fun ;)

supertight2001

Jul 5, 2005
Does anyone have contact info for any of these airlines? Everyone I call, say that you can only take private charters inside the Dominican Republic. By the way....she actually lives in Dajabon...and she says it's a five hour drive to her house.