kuky silverio

blondie

May 29, 2005
Hi:
One more day of work and we will be at Puerto Plata on Fridaayyyyyy..
We have been checking the Kuky Silverio site, for lots and construction, seems cheaper than others. Any input, have anyone constructed with them,
or are they more involve with the none tourist people/ area. Do anyone knows about urbanizacion Marapica, Cerro Alto?? They remax people are very expensive as I could see. We are looking for a lot, to build latter on for retirement in about 2 years.
Also, any work for Rns in there, maybe just volunteer, teaching, management :cross-eye ?? I am a endoscopy nurse 35 y experience, in charge of a GI unit in a hospital in Miami. Any GI Dr that perform endoscopies in the North Coast?,,... to many questions , to little time...
Thanks very much

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Kuky Silverio is a big company here, involved in alot of projects all the time.
Cerro Alto is a "development" area, not much built yet, many half-built projects, no good roads.. It is a try to do a new Torre Alta, wich is a safe villa area. This is behind that.
Maybe it will turn out fine, maybe not, no one knows this is advance.
I personally would go for a developed area, where roads exists and have names. Sounds funny, but try to get a phoneline for instance to a house on a road without a name... Struggle!
Marapica is before Cerro Alto, and it is a ne?ghbourhood that have existed for several years, it is not part of Cerro Alto.
Marapica is apartments, villas.. safe and quite economical. Rentals are cheap there, mostly Dominicans, but also some gringos.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Kuky Silviero has some nice lots still for sale in the upper part of Torre Alta at very good prices, This area is one of the two top areas to live in Puerto Plata.

I would suggest looking there first as the Value will Increase in this area first.

I bought there and so did two of my friends....

Gringo

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Agree

I have a friend who bought and built a house in upper Torre Alta.
He is very happy with the result.
He has fresh air, no mosquitos... LOL Great neighbours, and the area is developed, and a part of Torre Alta as gringo wrote.

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Free Advice. Buy R E ? ? Now? No.

Move here. Rent. Live here 2 - 3 - 4 years. Look around. Ask a lot of questions. Live in 2 - 3 different neighborhoods. Begin your rental term in May, June, or July.
* Meet 3 - 5 - 7 R E brokers; get to know them on a 1st name basis; inform them that you have CASH, even if you don't; tell them you're looking for a bargain, something below fair market value. Ask a lot of questions.
* Ask @ death, divorce, cancer, family problems, a sudden transfer to a nursing home; a lost or departing bread winner.
* Visit some banks, the mortage departments; tell them you have CASH; ask @ actual or potential foreclosures; leave your name & phone #; visit dvery 3 - 4 weeks; make yourself a pest.
* Make some important value judgements. WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE NOT TO LIVE? What areas to you find attractive. Noise at night?? Security!! The demand for R E is very inelastic in the DR; plenty of sellers, very few buyers. Ask lot of questions.
* Hesitate @ least 9 times to build!! Construction is a snake pit here, esp. for foreigners. CASH!
* Electricity?? CASH!
* R E is not appreciating in most of the DR [Punta Cana excepted] the way US residential prices have risen in the past 2 - 3 - 5 years. The local economy is on the verge of breakdown. Mortgage financing is difficult to obtain, @ anything approaching reasonable interest rates.
* You'll lose nothing by waiting, by being patient. Your dream house will come along. CASH!!
/signed/ a Former D R R E Broker

santanatwins

Jan 20, 2004
My mothers experiences

My mother purchased a lot from them in their the El Doral project and was very pleased with the purchase. When she purchased the land, it was going for 750 peso a sq. meter and now they have risen to 1400 pesos a sq. meter. That is a 90% increase in two years.

The electric and water are provided by the Playa Dorado resort complex so the light never goes out. In the last year, they have sold many lots and many of the lots already have houses.

My sister also owns a lot and I plan on purchasing one myself in the near future.

blondie

May 29, 2005
;) Thanks a million to all of you, I am back from work and getting ready to hit DR. I will check all the urbanizations of kuky silverio, we have untill the 17 th in DR. We will staying in Paradise Beach Club but we rented a car to get out and look and enjoy around, I am bringing my digital camera and the video camera, maybe I'get lucky and get to see you around. How is the weather there ?, they called for tropical storm warning from Fl keys up, image they want me to stay in the hospital because of the warning,,,, no way Jose.... The weather still beatifull here, it is 95 degrees and sunny. Hope there is not a big delay tomorro in the airport. ( due to londres attack) I feel bad for all the Britts, I have been there and they are wonderfull people. well guys this is it... DR , THE CUBANS ARE GOING.
Thanks again :classic: :alien:

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Upper Torre Alta

I forgot they also are Hooked into Playa Dorada Power = 24 light.

And Mortage Financing, I was in Scotia Bank on Sat. They pulled me aside and said they now offer a 16% 1st. 30 year term, open after 12 months.
Not Bad for this Country.

Gringo

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
Kuky's casas

I live in Marapica, built a home 4 years ago. No problems, we have power 24/7, they even pick up the garbage 3 days a week. I checked recently, resale lots are going in the neighborhood of 2000 pesos a sq metro, or that's the asking price anyway.