Chocolate Chip Cookies...

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Someone on here was saying they are hard to find. Forget which thread.

I was in Pricesmart here in Santiago today. Saw big boxes of Chocolate Chip Cookies...the blue package? Well anyway...they are there if you want them. We will be passing through the north coast as soon as this storm clears. We will be happy to deliver if you want them.

Just let me know.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Loads at Messon in Puerto Plata as well. American "the real ones" and South American " not the real ones", but not bad at all...

Bon on Calle Beller sells the real stuff too one by one.. ;)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
As with many things here, here today, gone tomorrow, not back till who knows when. For weeks you could not get Pricemart fresh chocolate chip cookies. In fact you couldn't get chocolate chips. NOw they are back.

thanks for the offer, I'm headed to Santo Domingo soon and will stock up!!!

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Freshness...

Freshness is tricky with items here. I sometimes think that these stores get great prices on warehouse shelved product that is outdated and thus not fresh. They then sell them here at high prices. You would think that you can depend on Pricesmart to get it right and be honest. But even they sell items they know are outdated, not fresh, and old. Warning...stay away from most items in their frozen section. They have been sitting on shelf for years.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Snuffy, I?d say the same goes for many shops.. At Tropical in POP for instance, I noticed yesterday, sale on sodas and last date was March 05...
Good advice, as you said, to check dates. Always. ;)