Puerto Plata festival

Status
Not open for further replies.

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
Hola Todos !

Just a question about an activity that took place in centro puerto plata last summer. (each weekend i think)
Dances, cok fight, theater, etc
They brought us by bus (I dont remember the name : Festival or ???) Could you remember me what day it is and if they maintain this event this summer ?

Gracias in advance

22 sleeps to goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !
HOLACANADA

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Right now there is nothing taking place at Parque Central.
There was alots of festivities in June when the expo went on here in the city.
And the park itself has gotten a facelift.. new plants, new lights, fountains are working and decorated with different colors...

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
carina said:
Right now there is nothing taking place at Parque Central.
There was alots of festivities in June when the expo went on here in the city.
And the park itself has gotten a facelift.. new plants, new lights, fountains are working and decorated with different colors...

Thanks Carina ? BTW, I've read your blog and it's fantastic. BRAVO.
I am myself a graphic designer teacher up in Canada. I teach Indesign, Quark XPress, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator. This is a link to my school. > http://www.cfpdr.com/centre.html

What do you suggest to me to do in Puerto Plata in day time. I visited POP 3 times this year and it's allways a great adventure. I'ill be near you from the 29 july to 12 august.
Don't hesitate to contact me.
Francisco aka holacanada

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
holacanada said:
Thanks Carina ? BTW, I've read your blog and it's fantastic. BRAVO.
I am myself a graphic designer teacher up in Canada. I teach Indesign, Quark XPress, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator. This is a link to my school. > http://www.cfpdr.com/centre.html

What do you suggest to me to do in Puerto Plata in day time. I visited POP 3 times this year and it's allways a great adventure. I'ill be near you from the 29 july to 12 august.
Don't hesitate to contact me.
Francisco aka holacanada

Depends on what you like to do.. apart from the beach of course!

The house of Culture by Central Park has exhibitions, most of them very interesting.

At the end of Beller a little cigar factory has opened, you have a try out corner, you have the widest choice possible of cigars, and if you prefer you can make your own and get them packed in a box!

Take a lunch at Sams, and you will always meet nice people, many with the same schedule as you have..

Go one evening to a basketball game at deportivo. Every second night.
Cost 30-100 pesos.

Take a walk around the city, explore it!
Take a tour to Sosua or Cabarete with a public car ( 20 pesos to S and 10 more to C ). If you are in Sosua you take your lunch at Rockys, and will for sure meet people there too!

If you want to spend some more money, go out a day on a catamaran, with lunch, snorkeling and all drinks included. They leave from Playa Dorada and make stops in Sosua Bay.

If you have visited to many times, I am also sure you have your own pearls already!! ;)

daisyone

Aug 16, 2003
Hello Carina. My grandchildren and my husband will be visiting POP again in August. Its the first time for our grandchildren (Justice 8 and Sabastian 6), 4th time for my husband and me. But we've never been to Sosua. Is it far from Sun Village on Cofresi Beach? I would like to do a little exploring this trip.
Thanks in advance for any info you can share.
Daisy
carina said:
Depends on what you like to do.. apart from the beach of course!

The house of Culture by Central Park has exhibitions, most of them very interesting.

At the end of Beller a little cigar factory has opened, you have a try out corner, you have the widest choice possible of cigars, and if you prefer you can make your own and get them packed in a box!

Take a lunch at Sams, and you will always meet nice people, many with the same schedule as you have..

Go one evening to a basketball game at deportivo. Every second night.
Cost 30-100 pesos.

Take a walk around the city, explore it!
Take a tour to Sosua or Cabarete with a public car ( 20 pesos to S and 10 more to C ). If you are in Sosua you take your lunch at Rockys, and will for sure meet people there too!

If you want to spend some more money, go out a day on a catamaran, with lunch, snorkeling and all drinks included. They leave from Playa Dorada and make stops in Sosua Bay.

If you have visited to many times, I am also sure you have your own pearls already!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.