Blasts in London

Brit Chick

Apr 26, 2005
Hi, I dont post here very often but I know that people from all over the world are members of DR1. I just want to say in light of what has happened here this morning, I hope all DR1s and their families working or living in London are ok, and I give my deepest sympathies to anyone badly affected by this. For those that aren't aware of what happened, several explosions rocked London around 9am (BST) this morning, so far two are dead and many more injured, its thought to be terrorists although no-one knows for sure whats happened yet.

Nov 5, 2004
I have heard reports of 20-90 people dead, and some still trapped.

My prayers are with the people in London, and with family in London.

I have friends all over England....a few Dominicans also who just arrived in England a few weeks ago.Imagine what they must think of this!!!!!

Brit Chick

Apr 26, 2005
Im from just outside London, have friends and family working all over the city that thankfully are all safe and well, although stranded in offices and other buildings. Our newspapers and tv stations don't really know much at the moment, injury figures are changing all the time and no-one knows for certain the exact numbers. Im sure everyone agrees this is a horrible thing to happen to our city, the scenes now are certainly different from yesterday when everyone celebrated our successful olympic bid.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
london

To all the brits and everyone else that we have met and befiended in the DR our thougths are with you.

Bob K

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
What a terrible senseless tragedy! Another smack in the face to all civilized peoples. I wish the people of Great Britain strength in the face of this horrible crime against humanity!

Don't let this CRUD hold you down!

Escott

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
As a New Yorker at heart

As a person that has lived through 9/11, I feel horribly sad at this latest tragedy. With G8 talks underway this is a terrible news indeed. Tony Blair is one of the strongest supporter, if not, the driving force for the issues on the current G8 agenda. Crap!

I'm contacting my friends to see if my peeps are alright.

Brit Chick

Apr 26, 2005
We're all being told to use our phones, both fixed lines and mobiles as sparingly as possible to free up lines for emergency services. If anyone has friends or family in london, one of our newspapers have an online messaging service which allows people to leave messages for their loved ones to let them know they are safe and well. Its a longshot but if anyone wants to try it to see if anyone they know has posted, www.thesun.co.uk. I think the bbc website might have one too. www.bbc.co.uk

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
PeachezNcream84 said:
Anyone having trouble getting through on phone lines to England?

Phones lines are overloaded. Here's a number for Canadians to call

1800-387-3124

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
It is a sad world we live in when you have to wake up to news like this. My heart goes out to all affected by this horrible trajedy.

Larry

Brit Chick

Apr 26, 2005
Maybe if people would like to discuss the politics behind the attack then a seperate thread can be started?

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Brit Chick said:
Maybe if people would like to discuss the politics behind the attack then a seperate thread can be started?

I hear you Brit Chic but count me out. The beauty of DR1 is that it is driven by Dominican Republic content only. There are a billion other sites for other things. Seeing people come together to express sympathy is empowering. Debating politics would probably work against the "dysfunctional harmony" of this site. It's not my decision but I'll continue to get my political fix elsewhere.

Scandall

"WELL SAID!" You want my job?? This Thread will NOT become politicised!
Looks like I will have to "CLOSE" it ! CC

Last edited by a moderator:

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
Isn't Chirimoya in London? I thought I had read she was going there for the summer. I hope she's ok.

Last edited by a moderator: