Dominicans In Tampa Florida?

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
I'm interested in talking to any Dominicans who live in the Tampa/Clearwater area? Anyone on here from that part of the USA?

tampa

Sep 27, 2004
la rumba/tropic banana great on weekends packed on saturday. columbus and himes.
saturday nite anjelis club moncy y alexander preforming himes past waters
good places to start your search

LaRomana Bound

Nov 11, 2005
www.juliedennis.usana.com
dominicans in Tampa

Hi
I am currently living in Tampa, but plan to move back to La Romana part time in the next two years. My plans include opening a skin care clinic at the marina in Casa De Campo, and working as a part time missionary. If anyone is looking for a great non denominational church in Tampa my church is located on Armenia ,south of Hillsborough Ave.We have a spanish service on Sunday nights at 5:30 pm . I am looking for Domincan restaurants in Tampa.
God Bless

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
From what I've noticed every time I go there, it's starting to become "New York chiquito" because of the amount of Dominicans that are moving down there.

skippys

Jan 17, 2003
a little off track......

BUT a Tampa, Florida question.....please
where in Tampa can you purchase Dominican Republic imported fruits/vegetables??????
thanks......
I am a Pinellas County resident now living in La Urena for the past five years....

ElPulpo

Nov 1, 2003
This is an intresting post because currently I live in Northern VA and I'm looking into relocating to FL, my top 3 choices of places to move are Fort Myers/cape coral, Tampa or Orlando. I work in the IT security field and its hard to find a job in the Fort myers area and it leave me two choices of Tampa (good IT jobs due to the military bases) problaly moving to clear water if I do decide to go there or Orlando.

How is Tampa? in terms of living, the reason I ask this is because I hear that theres alot of crimes unless you go to the clearwater area is this true? and hows the job market? Thanks

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
tampa.... is where you want to work

ElPulpo said:
This is an intresting post because currently I live in Northern VA and I'm looking into relocating to FL, my top 3 choices of places to move are Fort Myers/cape coral, Tampa or Orlando. I work in the IT security field and its hard to find a job in the Fort myers area and it leave me two choices of Tampa (good IT jobs due to the military bases) problaly moving to clear water if I do decide to go there or Orlando.

How is Tampa? in terms of living, the reason I ask this is because I hear that theres alot of crimes unless you go to the clearwater area is this true? and hows the job market? Thanks

In your line of work there are plenty of opportunities.

As for crime,bad neighborhoods everywhere in the world. Nice neighborhoods can be expensive in tampa.

I would advise anyone working in Tampa... making good money to buy housing in Pasco or Hernando County. More bang for the buck by far, and only 20-30 minutes away on a new expressway, Plus cheaper taxes.

I love the Tampa Bay area... here for 30 years and has so much heritage as for old school.

At least take a look at what's the community and surrounding areas has to offer.Best of luck in your search .;)

Melcocha

Nov 28, 2005
There are plenty of 'bodegas' in the Tampa Bay area, Brandon, Riverview and all the vacinities. Get the Paginas Amarillas from Verizon, you'll be surprised how many you will find.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I'm not Dominican, but I've lived in Tampa since '71, and have traveled to the DR (primarily Santiago) for 8 weeks the last year. I am told there is a substantial Dominican community here, but not as large as other Latin communities.

The Tampa Bay area, with 2.5 million people, is a great place to live.

ElPulpo

Nov 1, 2003
Thanks so much for all the information. And by the way if anyone here living in Tampa is in the IT security field please send me a private message. Thanks

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
To each his own

TAMPA has beautiful places and heritage. And I don't believe you are helping the poster of this thread in any way.... other than your negative input on...YOUR OUTLOOK.:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
DR Hate Me has posted some helpful things on DR1...

Well, now that I checked many of his posts, I must take back what I have said.

The guy is very negative.

DR Hate Me, cheer up! Change your DR1 name to start, and learn to live life with a better mood. Remember, once this life is over, that is it! Even if you believe in re-encarnation or in the afterlife, THIS life is certainly over once its over.

So, cheer up, for yoursake and everyone else's!

-NAL:rambo:

D R HaTe Me

Oct 27, 2005
?

name 5 good things about tampa?

make me see what you see about tampa:classic:

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
You are the master

And I am the optimist.... no matter what culture, heritage or country you are from...I FIRMLY believe there is good in all, no matter where you come from.I also believe HOPE in society for children starts... with adults that take initiative.

As far as negative people....I HAVE NO USE FOR THEM.:cry:

D R HaTe Me

Oct 27, 2005
so what you want me to lie about how great tampa is?nal do i **** you off?

+ im not a negative person. just because me and you disagree sometimes you shouldn't go around saying these things about me . im not trying to beef with you . i write what i write because it might be someone out there who feel the way i do and wants to make a change in the "HISPANIC/LATINO" communities.::rambo:

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Tampa is trash... that's negative.

Like I said before... beautiful people and heritage.

Do you come from the area?

Have you worked in the area?

Do you have friends in the area?

If so I would love to hear your reasoning why it is trash.

BTW..... The gentleman you have differences with is a very knowledgeable poster on this board..... so I.M.O I would walk softly.;)

D R HaTe Me

Oct 27, 2005
+ how am i negative towards you ? i dont know you ? know me than judge me;)

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Maybe I'm wrong

I just thought, that's how you know someone..... if it's really them by their posts?