punta cana

jellybean

Jul 8, 2005
I am going to punta cana the first week in august and this is my first trip anywhere. I would like to know if we come down and there is a hurricane that blows up what does the hotel staff do? Do we go inland or just tough it out in the hotel? Can hotels withstand hurricanes that are large? I am a little nervous about the hurricane situation. In Illinois we only have tornados. Someone please write back and let my mind at ease. thanks

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
jellybean said:
I am going to punta cana the first week in august and this is my first trip anywhere. I would like to know if we come down and there is a hurricane that blows up what does the hotel staff do? Do we go inland or just tough it out in the hotel? Can hotels withstand hurricanes that are large? I am a little nervous about the hurricane situation. In Illinois we only have tornados. Someone please write back and let my mind at ease. thanks
Last year when Jeanne hit PC, the Sunscape AI lost roofs on 2 of the main housing buildings. All the plate glass windows in the rooms and the lobby blew out. The hotel "doubled-up" people in rooms and some people slept in the disco and gym.
Every one seemed to make it through this OK, not sure what the Hotel did for it's patrons...if anything. Most of the damage in the PC strip was repaired by early December. Re-building at the new(un-opened) Sunscape the Beach was still going on the first week of Dec. The hotel opened a week late on the 7th.
Good luck!!