Impedimento de Salida

Manda Dinero

Jun 27, 2005
How does one find information on whether someone has an impedimento de salida or entre on their passport?

Are their ways to circumvent the barring if such a circumstance existed?

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Manda Dinero said:
How does one find information on whether someone has an impedimento de salida or entre on their passport?

Are their ways to circumvent the barring if such a circumstance existed?

I have heard that this is generally by Passport number rather than by your name. So if you can leave the country without a passport do so. Or else claim it was lost or stolen and apply for another (this will make homeland security suspicious of you, and rightfully so, so I don't recommend this)

Alternatively travel overland through Haiti, and leave from there or have some friends with a boat take you to a different island.

Another way is to get ahold of someone who works in Immigrations and can access the data base for you to see if you're in it.

I have also heard (on this board actually) that the "impedimento" must be processed at each individual airport. If you leave from a different airport than the one they are waiting for you at you may be OK. Maybe this is old information, I cannot actually believe that there would not be a central database but hey, this is the land of reverse wonders.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Manda Dinero said:

This is the jurisdiction of the Procuradur?a General de la Rep?blica (Justice Dept). You should contact:

DR. FRANCISCO DOMINGUEZ BRITO
PROCURADOR GENERAL DE LA REP?BLICA
Central: 533-3522
Directo: EXT. 223, 240
Fax: 533-4098

[/QUOTE]Are their ways to circumvent the barring if such a circumstance existed?[/QUOTE]

How much money are you willing to pay? ;)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
There seems to be "bits and pieces" of the truth that were omitted to this story. Why all of a sudden does the OP have a concern about an Impedimento? Why do I get the feeling they are in the country hiding!
Perhaps The DR1 IP address detective can take a peak?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Mirador said:
How much money are you willing to pay? ;)
He wasn't willing to pay $700 for a car he damaged. He preferred to flee and stick the rental company with the bill.

But I guess since he is willing to pay to change his name and get his passport reissued*; he's probably willing to pay anything or do anything (legal or illegal) to return to his paradise. :tired:

*see: http://www.dr1.com/forums/showpost.php?p=307158&postcount=29

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
MerengueDutchie said:
Otherwise contact Fabio Guzman.
I don't believe Fabio Guzman is a criminal lawyer. This individual seems to have committed criminal activities and has expressed intentions to commit criminal activities in the future if necessary.

Manda Dinero

Jun 27, 2005
Thanks for your replies, I am not here to start trouble I only want the answers to the questions that i have asked.

I am not happy about what i did, but i did what i felt what was best for me and my safety at the time. Even if i have to pay double what is owed, I feel better knowing I can pay them on my terms.

I have contacted the company and we are negotiating a deal, I just want assurances that once i pay the money, they don't try to say that their found more damages or that I paid nothing later.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
rellosk said:
I don't believe Fabio Guzman is a criminal lawyer. This individual seems to have committed criminal activities and has expressed intentions to commit criminal activities in the future if necessary.

Didn't Canada resently come to an agreement with the DR to expedite each other's criminals? It was in the news a few weeks back.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
Didn't Canada resently come to an agreement with the DR to expedite each other's criminals? It was in the news a few weeks back.
I believe they agreed to "extradite" each other's criminals.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
HOWMAR said:
I believe they agreed to "extradite" each other's criminals.

Yeah that! You know me and my words. I get them mixed up but it sounds good in my head though. ;)

Manda Dinero

Jun 27, 2005
If i loan you (talking in general) my car and you destroy it, that is a civil not a criminal act. If you lease a car, and destroy it you do not get arrested, you are sued and/or a judgement is placed on your credit if you do not resolve it with the company.

Just putting stuff out there for the armchair lawyers that want to post in here with information that is wrong and off topic.

May 12, 2005
Yes, the breach of contract is a civil matter. However, leaving the scene of an accident is a crime. In the US it is a misdemeanor. If the accident involved an injury to someone, then it is a felony. The exact statutes will vary from state to state. I would imagine that in the DR there would be similar consequences.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Leaving the scene of an accident aggravates the penalties associated with the accident.

Breach of contract with a rent-a-car is not necessarily a civil matter in the Dominican Republic. A special law (Law #13 of 1977) states that not paying the rent to the car company constitutes fraud subject to imprisonment from 3 to 12 months and a fine.