lilgypsyrose

lilgypsyrose

Jul 11, 2005
My husband and I will be traveling to Punta Cana July 16 through July 23, just wanting to know how the weather forecast looks.

melikou1

Jul 8, 2005
Keep your eye on Emily - I'll be there 13th - 20th, first visit to DR, sure hoping to not have it messed up!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
melikou1 said:
Keep your eye on Emily - I'll be there 13th - 20th, first visit to DR, sure hoping to not have it messed up!

melikou1, as of 5p.m. today, this name had not yet been assigned. You?re talking about a tropical depression and a poorly organized one at this stage. It is early days and an open game still. Whilst I agree with you that this system should be watched, and all of us on the weather side of DR1 are watching it actively, please let?s not jump the gun and disseminate information which is not accurate at this point in time.

I also hope your visit to the DR goes well and you enjoy every moment.

melikou1

Jul 8, 2005
Chris, only put it out to keep watch based on the information available. I certainly wasn't trying to make any forecasts! Believe me, I'll be on Bavaro Beach tomorrow! Can't wait to visit, as one couple in the group we are coming with have traveled to numerous spots in the DR and rave about what a great place it is!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
You'll have a great time. We'll try our best to keep the weather great for the period ;) - Remember to write us a trip report about your vacation when you return...

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Chris said:
melikou1, as of 5p.m. today, this name had not yet been assigned. You?re talking about a tropical depression and a poorly organized one at this stage. It is early days and an open game still. Whilst I agree with you that this system should be watched, and all of us on the weather side of DR1 are watching it actively, please let?s not jump the gun and disseminate information which is not accurate at this point in time.

I also hope your visit to the DR goes well and you enjoy every moment.
Per your posting in another thread, the name has now been assigned; and it's heading towards the DR. Hopefully it will not be upgraded to a hurricane.