Hi Everyone!

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
Hope this finds you all well!

Not a lot of time to write but just wanted to say hola and let you all know that things are still going absolutely wonderful.

Scott stopped in for a cafe today while I was working, it made my day! I see Carina often as well and wish you would follow their lead. In other words, come and see me!! I work Monday through Friday from 0800 until 1600. I don't bite (hard) so swing by and brighten my day.

I had a wonderful time at the 4th of July fete, it was a great day and it was so good to meet so many of you.

Big news - I have officially encountered my first bonified sankie (not sure if a pun was just intended or not but he did have a skimpy swimsuit on so I'm not sure). He was just deported from New York, his only relative here in the DR, a grandfather in Santiago, just died, he has sleep apnea and needs an operation and he is still paying off bills from his ex wife's miscarriage. His father flew down here last week to visit the grandfather and he had planned on borrowing 20000 pesos from old Dad but he left the DR before he had the chance to get the dinero. As he gazed upon me with those big brown puppy dog eyes, I almost felt sorry for him, almost being the operative word. Hahahaha. What a j-off.

One of these days when I have more time, I will pass on an amusing collection of stories of late to all of you. I can't believe this is my life most days but I still love it. Call me crazy but I feel like the luckiest person in the world each day and I always wake up with a smile on my face. And also a headache from the previous nights' Presidente or two but I suppose that's life.

Much love,

Sunnie

P.S.

Be here on 16 de Julio for Sam's B-day. And on the 23rd, we are also having Christmas in July. Joanne is planning a kick *** dinner so I think it would be in your best interests to drag your butts down here.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Cool!

Edited by Robert.

yawn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Hey sunnie, I will be in to see you soon.

now just to give you the heads up - that is not the first Sankie you have had contact with. Just a very obvious one!!! LOL

Stay well, stay cheerful, see you soon.

Nov 5, 2004
Sorry I probably missed it...but where is it you are working again?
I think it's caleld Sam's or something???

Can you give approximate directions?

Once I arrive on the 17th maybe I will just pop in to see you. ;)

I sent you a PM re: your cell #, and gave you mine...(well it will be mine after the 17th).

Likewise (not to hijack your thread) but if anyone wants my cell number when I will be in the DR...PM me...

See you all on August 5th!!! :D

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
And they said it couldn't be done

Good for you, and glad to hear things are well. If I find out where you're working I'll stop in and see ya when I'm there in another week. Keep persevering and I wish you continued success.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
sunshine_79 said:
Big news - I have officially encountered my first bonified sankie... he has sleep apnea and needs an operation...
Sleep Apnea. Now that's funny!

I'm glad to hear everything is working out so well.

Last edited:

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
rellosk said:
Sleep Apnea. Now that's funny!

I'm glad to hear everything is working out so well.

Just saw the guy again yesterday, he came to bother me at work. Once again, with his big sad eyes brimming with tears (this guy is good!) he told me his brother is in jail and that unless somebody pays for a lawyer, he will probably be there forever. Of course his brother is innocent though, isnt everyone in jail innocent?

Well, gotta get back to work.

Cheers!

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
Tell the guy...

you are insulted by him basically calling you a "pendejo". Don't be coy or cute with the guy. Tell him flock off! There are too many other good dominican people you can call friends.

Bob (back from vacation)

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
lying slimy sankie

AtlantaBob said:
you are insulted by him basically calling you a "pendejo". Don't be coy or cute with the guy. Tell him flock off! There are too many other good dominican people you can call friends.

Bob (back from vacation)

Thats what I was going to say. Why do you find him comical? He is insluting you by lying to your face.

Look him in the eye and tell him to either go find himself a sucker to hand him over some money or a job and to quit wasting YOUR time.

Larry

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Sunnie you have to learn to be more of a hard***. Here you must be absolutely blunt! dont take the crap. This is the voice of experience.... Way too nice and it gets me into trouble...