Basketball Salary??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluKris

May 19, 2005
I was courious at the salary for a basketball in RD.I'm aware that it depends on location(Puerto Plata, Santiago, SDQ), but i would greatly appreciate an accurate reply(maybe from someone in the basketball field).

clara

Jan 6, 2005
BluKris said:
Apologize...as a player (20's).

Dominican players in the newly formed professional basketball league LIDOBA (Liga Dominicana de Baloncesto) can make between 20 and 60 thousand pesos/month depending on how good they are. Each team is allowed two foreign players (usually from the US or Puerto Rico) who can make between 2 and 6 thousand dollars per month.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
clara said:
Dominican players in the newly formed professional basketball league LIDOBA (Liga Dominicana de Baloncesto) can make between 20 and 60 thousand pesos/month depending on how good they are. Each team is allowed two foreign players (usually from the US or Puerto Rico) who can make between 2 and 6 thousand dollars per month.
Does the league actually set a different salary scale for Dominicans and foreigners or is that just how the market worked out?

clara

Jan 6, 2005
rellosk said:
Does the league actually set a different salary scale for Dominicans and foreigners or is that just how the market worked out?

I don't think anything is "set". But each team is allowed two players from outside the DR and they can pay whatever they want for them. There is a whole network of agents who connect players from US to teams here.

M

Mr.Mark

clara said:

Hey Clara, just curious... How did you get that information? Or to better formulate my question: Did you made a research or did you know that already?
My question comes from noting that you replied with such self-confidence in what you're saying and that -no offense- you're a woman and I'm not used to see women who know about this stuff in the DR.

clara

Jan 6, 2005
Mr.Mark said:
Hey Clara, just curious... How did you get that information? Or to better formulate my question: Did you made a research or did you know that already?
My question comes from noting that you replied with such self-confidence in what you're saying and that -no offense- you're a woman and I'm not used to see women who know about this stuff in the DR.

My husband works with the Caneros of La Romana. Thus, this is a daily topic of conversation in mi casa. The original email came at a timely moment for basketball in the DR.

Status
Not open for further replies.