Coral Marien update

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
Hola todos,

I want to know if everyone have been to Coral Marien last april-march-may-june. Did they improve something. Did they have a new features. Like the italien restaurant on the pool is it free of charge like last december. Did they built something new ? Did they reshape their minigolf ? What about the chocolate friends ? New shows.
More variety at the buffet...

Etc..

I allways have fun to read your answer. And it's for me very informative.

Holacanada :nervous:

May 12, 2005
I was there for 3 days in early june. Nothing looked like it was new. The italian restaurant is still free, just call ahead to geta reservation. The mini golf needs an overhaul. Its looking a little worse for wear, although while i there, some workers were painting parts of it. I doubt very much that the shows and buffet are different from your last trip. Hope this helped.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I read on Dominican Today some months ago they recieved some international award for being one of the cleanest hotels around.
Don?t remember exactly what it was, but it was big news that day! ;)

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
Coral refurbishing

Thank you to both of you for your answers.

Another improvement ?
Dont hesitate

17 sleeps to go !!!!!!!!!!!!! :nervous:

Holacanada

luzcace

Aug 19, 2004
www.luzcace.info
holacanada said:
Thank you to both of you for your answers.

Another improvement ?
Dont hesitate

17 sleeps to go !!!!!!!!!!!!! :nervous:

Holacanada
Hello Francois, thanks for your great comment on my blog,I am glad you enjoyed your stay here and looking forward to meet you next time you come to the Hotel Marien and to have a coffee together at the pottery shop.
Helmut

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
carina said:
I read on Dominican Today some months ago they recieved some international award for being one of the cleanest hotels around.
Don?t remember exactly what it was, but it was big news that day! ;)
The awards were in the Cristal Program operated by Check Safety First Consulting.

Global_Winner.JPG
Regional_Winner.JPG

For more info see:

www.checksafetyfirst.com

or

www.cristalconsulting.com

Gregg

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
Hola Mr. Helmut

It will be a pleasure to share a coffee with you and your wife at her pottery shop.

I am going to Coral Marien next december (23 d?c. - 8 janv.). I continue to read your blog and keep informing about the buffets youre gonna offer to the Marien guests. I was ther last decembre- new year eves and it was MARVELOUS. What a lot of job for you, your employees and the hotel employees !!!!
? Continue to inform us about your work at the hotel it's interesting and gave us the tase of the dominican republic.

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
Coral Update!!!!!!

HolaCanada--

I just got back from the Coral, on Aug21st. So 7 days ago.... :cry: But no worries, I'll be back in 68 more sleeps!

There is a new show, Decades, which is really good. It has music from the 50's, 60' up to now. And then after the show they have a 70's disco party where else, but at the Disco. And they play all 70's music, and all the Chocolate Friends are still in custume. It's alot of fun, and the Chocolate Friends put ALOT of hard work into the show!

They changed the Carribbean Grill down by the beach...to a Tex-Mex, which serves ribs, and alot of great food. It is only opened from 6-10. No reservations req'd. And they changed the look of it too, with new seating, and wall paintings. They made the other end of the Beach bar, the 24-7 snakc place, and that is open all day...(down by where the food buffet part is overlooking the beach). All the same food there, hamburgers hotdogs, pizza, fries etc....

Of course, there are new Chocolate Friends, but I won't bother to mention them b/c I'm sure that they will be gone by the time you get there b/c of the turnover rate in the hotel world! hahahaha. But people that are still there from last December, are......Jerson, Lilianna, Ricky,Dania, Sandy, George, Yahira, Orlando, Nancy, Lady (but she's off having a baby now) Francis (he's in charge now of all the Chocolate Friends) and Miguel (DJ)

If you think of any other questions just PM me.
Lisa

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
ThanksYA for your answers

Hola todos !

I've been back now from Marien Coral. ? What a wonderfull journey ! A lots a gua-gua toward Sosua-Cabarete & POP area. Back to work now !!! If I want to come back to Paradise island next december.
The Marien Coral have improve a lots of services as some of you mentionned. For me it's again a good quality/rates services. And the staff is very well shaped (mind & body).

If someone want to write some Marien storien (!) feel free...

Here in Quebec city (Canada) it's gonna be authum in few weeks (2 or 3) then the snow (brrr mucho frio...) then A HUGE RAY OF SUN >>> POP for two weeks ? Marien Coral all the way...!!!!!

luzcace

Aug 19, 2004
www.luzcace.info
hello

holacanada said:
Hola todos !

I've been back now from Marien Coral. ? What a wonderfull journey ! A lots a gua-gua toward Sosua-Cabarete & POP area. Back to work now !!! If I want to come back to Paradise island next december.
The Marien Coral have improve a lots of services as some of you mentionned. For me it's again a good quality/rates services. And the staff is very well shaped (mind & body).

If someone want to write some Marien storien (!) feel free...

Here in Quebec city (Canada) it's gonna be authum in few weeks (2 or 3) then the snow (brrr mucho frio...) then A HUGE RAY OF SUN >>> POP for two weeks ? Marien Coral all the way...!!!!!

Hello Holacanada

I have the menus ready for Christmas and New Year, just have to translate them and then I' ll post them on my blog, yes i do read the tripadviser.
Amparo has all kind of necklaces, next time you come and have a look at the shop, if you want something special, she also can do it for you.
looking forward to seeing you

Helmut and Amparo