Permission to work

BOCU

Jul 12, 2005
Coma estan todo,

I know that this is not an issue with many, but I am living here and would like to work LEGALLY in this country. My papers have been deposited for the ?Residencia Provisional? and I am currently awaiting for the approval of that. What I need to know is, is it possible to get a work permit in order to work here legally or do I have to wait until I have the approval of my residencia provisional?

Please advise, thanks. :glasses:

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Last I heard, to work legally, you need your cedula, which you get when you receive your residency. Unless you have inside contacts that can push it along, you should be receiving your residency within 3 months and your cedula on that same day. Many companies don't have any problems employing extranjeros that don't have their cedula and if you show proof to them that you'll be getting your residency soon, it should be even easier.

Good luck!

BOCU said:
Coma estan todo,

I know that this is not an issue with many, but I am living here and would like to work LEGALLY in this country. My papers have been deposited for the ?Residencia Provisional? and I am currently awaiting for the approval of that. What I need to know is, is it possible to get a work permit in order to work here legally or do I have to wait until I have the approval of my residencia provisional?

Please advise, thanks. :glasses:

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Addition; Dominican companies are allowed to have 20 % foreign staff.

Many still hire people even without residencies, but it is getting fewer and fewer.
It would depend on what area you would look to work in also.

jellylegs2002

Apr 9, 2005
Working in DR

carina said:
Addition; Dominican companies are allowed to have 20 % foreign staff.

Many still hire people even without residencies, but it is getting fewer and fewer.
It would depend on what area you would look to work in also.

Hi, u mention it depends on where you work? do you know about puerto plata? i am hoping to find a job in a resort hotel, and am not sure what legal documents and so on that i will need.......if you know please could you email me with all the information .... jellylegs2002@hotmail.com thanks Jess

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
jellylegs2002 said:
Hi, u mention it depends on where you work? do you know about puerto plata? i am hoping to find a job in a resort hotel, and am not sure what legal documents and so on that i will need.......if you know please could you email me with all the information .... jellylegs2002@hotmail.com thanks Jess

What type of job?

You do realize that most resort/hotel jobs earn between RD$4000-12,000 monthly.
In UK pounds, that's 80-230 monthly.

Many of these upper end employee's are also bilingual or trilingual.

jellylegs2002

Apr 9, 2005
Robert said:
What type of job?

You do realize that most resort/hotel jobs earn between RD$4000-12,000 monthly.
In UK pounds, that's 80-230 monthly.

Many of these upper end employee's are also bilingual or trilingual.

Hi, yeah i realise the pay isn't that good. But its not the money that i would be going for. I have basic spanish and am looking into a private tutor before i go out there again.