Beach vendors - Red Candies..???

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
Hola todos,

I would like to know what about those little red balls (round and some sticky) with a small stick on it that some guys sell on the beach.
They put it on a large plateau by rows and columns. What is it a dessert, a candy. Is it safe to eat ?

What are the others things to eat /buy on the playa (locally products like peanuts...) ?

Thanks in advance
Holacanada

17 sleeps to DR............................................! Grr grr grr ! :nervous:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
The little red balls are coconut, very sweet but tasty. Other things: usually fresh fruit, cashews.......

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
They are very sweet with coconut in the middle.
I never got sick from them.

LatinoRican

Apr 11, 2004
They are made of grated coconut covered with carameled sugar. Have you ever eaten a candied apple? It's the same technique. Try it, you'll like it. ;)

MoReNiTa GuApA

Oct 8, 2004
My 2 cents

I LOVE to eat the fresh oysters with lime or fresh Lambi on Sosua beach. The best Lambi I have tasted though was fresh off of a beach in Boca Chica. It had a kind of salsa on it that was reallllllllllly good. Although it was mas caro then in Sosua.

MG

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I like the Lambi myself, with a lot of salsa picante. Eat it very often at Sosua Beach, and never got sick.