Just how much

twallace56

Jul 8, 2005
Hi everbody,
My wife and i have bought a house in the Sosua area and hope to move there next year. Can anybody tell me the approx cost of living per month in peso,s. We will just be having a basic life style. No maids etc and eating out a couple of times a week. Also what,s the interest rates for peso cd,s at the moment in the Banco santa cruz.
Thanks guys
Terry

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
HI Terry, congrats on your purchase. First of all, it's a good idea to go reading some of the other threads. there is lots of information posted on cost of living, food, cars etc. Once you have read, then come back and ask some specific questions. Use the "search" feature to find what you are looking for.

Enjoy the reading!

Can't help you with the rate on the CD's. I'm sure someone else here will know.

Sosua Gal

Jul 7, 2005
checkpointsosua.spaces.live.com
twallace56 said:
Hi everbody,
My wife and i have bought a house in the Sosua area and hope to move there next year. Can anybody tell me the approx cost of living per month in peso,s. We will just be having a basic life style. No maids etc and eating out a couple of times a week. Also what,s the interest rates for peso cd,s at the moment in the Banco santa cruz.
Thanks guys
Terry

Hi Terry- How many times have you been here? Forgive me, but why would you buy a house somewhere before you knew the cost of living? It totally depends on your lifestyle, but believe me, it is not like it was two years ago. (It used to be a cheap place to live...)
As for my answer to your question, I have been here 18 months and found that other than rent- which can be cheaper than in Canada/US,
groceries and eating out, unless you eat dominican style, or WAY off the beaten track, are on par with Canada/USA...some things the same, some more expensive, some cheaper.
Good luck in your endeavors but only the only way to tell your true budget is to come and live here for 6 months and see for yourselves!
Have fun- we love this place!