Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Punto Final (La Escuelota)

For the people who used to live in DR and the ones that live there.. There was a show on Color VIsion every night called Punto Final hosted by Freddy Beras and Ivonne Beras.. they had probably the best comedy i have ever watched and one of the segments was called "La Escuelita or Escuelota" with Boruga, Cuquin, Nani Peņa, and some others.. The other night i went to a bar here in Paterson, NJ and they were playing a DVD with about 4 hours of that show.. so i was just wondering if anyone knows a place where i could get that DVD.. I asked the guy at the bar but he couldn't tell me. I would deeply appreciate any help possible.

Thanks

Mr.Mark

Default You can do this...

Call Freddy's producer and tell them what you want. Make someone call from here. I don't know how those guys from the restaurant got that DVD -I doubt they bought it at a store-, by calling them and telling them what you want.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Malafama, you a paterson boy? That's my original hometown and both my parents grew up there.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mark
    Call Freddy's producer and tell them what you want. Make someone call from here. I don't know how those guys from the restaurant got that DVD -I doubt they bought it at a store-, by calling them and telling them what you want.
    I will try to call... Hopefully i can get something started..

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fko1
    Malafama, you a paterson boy? That's my original hometown and both my parents grew up there.
    Yeah!! Well, i have been living here for the past 7-8 years.. But it is good to know i'm not the only one from this area..

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah!! Well,

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

You'll probably have to find a street vendor.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to let you know, they still have La Escuelota and it's as funny as ever; they show it every night on Freddy's show "con Freddy y Punto", I think it's on channel 9 color vision 8-10PM; that segment is hilarious.

El Mujeron
    Post Thanks / Like

You sure it wasnt satelite?

Post Thanks / Like

DirecTV has Freddy's show every night in channel 434 @8pm. However, is a far cry from the show you mentioned from the late 70's and 80's when the late Milton Pelaez and Cuquin were part of the staff. These days IMHO, the show is unwatchable, not funny and poorly produced. Since Freddy is facing his own mortality, I'm sure his priorities have changed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast