weather late september early october

plarky78

Jul 13, 2005
Hi,

My names Paul, im new to this board and would like to say hi to everyone,
I have read many different posts on many sites about the weather in the DR in sept/oct. im staying at the fun tropicale in playadorada, to be honest i dont think i have read the same thing twice. im a little concerned that as most have said it rains alot at this time of the year. while a little rain has never bothered me and to be honest it can be very welcomed at times i also really enjoy the sunshine. theses questions are for people who have good knowledge and may have lots of experience of what the weather is like this time of year in the DR people say it rains alot, do they really mean short sharp showers? is it mostly day or night? what is the chance that that you wont get any sun during the day. while these questions may sound a little stupid im hoping someone can help. im going with 3 sun worshipers and they are keen to know also. i travelled to thailand last year and while we had a few nice days it was cloudy and rained alot.
as ive said rain is very welcome sometimes but to know id get at least get a couple of hours a day would make me feel more excited about going.

Finally id like to say DR looks totally class and i cant wait to drink myself into a state in the hotel (LOL) also if anyone could suggest any of the trips that are worth doing while on hols!

cheers Paul :bandit:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
You are traveling during the end of the hurricane season. While it's highly unlikely (according to some posters, it hasn't happened in 15 years) that a hurricane will hit the north coast, if a hurricane or tropical storm is in the area (the south coast or out at sea), you may get hit with a lot of continuous rain. Otherwise, it's rare that it will rain the entire day.

Here's where you can find the average temperatures and rainfall:

Here's a related thread: