For ANNA C

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I know it now. Someone has desided I shall live without any modern, functional electrical items.
If you read my blog, you know how coffeebreakers.. I mean coffeemakers have a rule to break just by entering my house.

Now my toaster. A fine, design OSTER toaster.
Worked fine, 1 made 2 toasts for my neighbour LEO ( the one who is poor ) to go with salami and eggs. He is out of food and money until Satuday.
Go to his house, leave the food, get back to make my own toasts...
Sure.. the thing doesn?t work, unless I stand there and hold it down to be toasted...

Anna, you have 12 Dominican toasters, can I borrow one, or can you recommend it for me? Do they break often?

carina_sankytoaster.jpg

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
hahahaha sure I'll bring you one of mine. I don't think they have any electrical parts so would be perfect you Carina.

Maybe I'll bring you one from Canada. ;)

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I knew I could trust you!

In return I can give you the new Dominican hairdryer "Emily".
;)

Nov 5, 2004
carina said:
;)
I may be missing the inside joke here (on the hairdryer)..but that toaster was great..my parents both got a laugh out of it...

My parents waited for about 25 mintues for Carlos and I to make them breakfast..20 of thoes minutes were toast "toasting"...It took 10 minutes on one side...(and only one side toasts..the other side stays white)...the other side you have to put in again for 10 minutes...

Only problem after waiting 20 minutes for properly toasted bread....It tastes like air...Did they forget to put the "bread flavouring" in the BREAD????? Or perhaps a smidge of salt????????????????????

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
carina said:
;)

Thanks but we got the tail end of Dennis up here today and it was huge. The storm that is. ;)

Peaches dear you're going to have to stop hanging out with me, you're benigning to sepll like me. :laugh:

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
PeachezNcream84 said:
I may be missing hte inside joke here..but htat toaster was great..my parents both got a laugh out of it...

As my parents waited for about 25 mintues for Carlos and I to make them breakfast..20 of thoes minutes were tosat "toasting"...It took 10 minutes on one side...(and only one side toasts..the other side stays white)...the other side you have to put in again for 10 minutes...

Only problem after waiting 20 minutes for properly toasted bread....It tastes like air...Did they forget to put the "bread flavouring" in the BREAD????? Or perhaps a smidge of salt????????????????????

No, the toasters are not made for Canadian bread. That?s the only issue.

And they are best in the Caribbean sun, around 12 p.m when the sun is high so you get the heat from above to warm the stone.
I suggested to Scott the toaster needs a more specific instruction, but he said the people will get it.
Now I see I was right, you?ve been all doing it wrong ... and you seem to think it is the toaster... but it?s you.
But Anna is happy with her 12 toasters. :cross-eye
She also wrote us a note thanking for the SankieRose collection of gel and lotion.

Nov 5, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
Thanks but we got the tail end of Dennis up here today and it was huge. The storm that is. ;)

Peaches dear you're going to have to stop hanging out with me, you're benigning to sepll like me. :laugh:

Or I will have to stop drinking wine..but I took tomorrow off so I can get ready for work...so I can drink tonight..yo soy un poquito borracha!! :D

Call me if you want...it will be fun..
Stop playing phone tag..I got my cell phone here...lol

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'll call right now so answer the fricking thing ok. :cross-eye

Oops hijack!!

Yes carina I will bring you a Dominican toaster maybe a Canadian one too so you'll covered. ;)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Lo siento carina!

Believe it or not I have an ancient toaster I brought from Canada 14 yrs ago because it didn't 'pop up' when the toast was done anymore so you had to 'watch' it like a hawk to manually pop it up.
I fugured what the heck it could only cease to function.
Now it pops up by itself and is still going strong. I only use it when I have company staying with me (maybe once or twice a year) and the rest of the time it sits in the cupboard collecting dust and mold and all the other nasty things that get in your cupboards when the house is closed for 7 months or so.

I keep hoping the damn thing will give up the ghost ('cause it's old and ugly and has a bread bag permanently melted to the outside) so I can get a new one but it just keeps chugging along.
Maybe when I get back I'll give it to you carina if you don't mind how it looks so I can finally buy a new one to go with my new kitchen!! ;)

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
You are all too nice!

This is funny.. you see... never trust a toaster!!
This beauty, now non functioning, is a deco design, OSTER, and did cost over 3000 pesos here. It is much for a toaster here.
I will try to fix it... sometimes things will work if you shake them around a little LOL... ;)
I am not going so spend time watching bread to get ready to manually take it up.. I know THAT will not work!!!

But more seriously, I don?t know why the electrical items in my kitchen don?t want to live here... I have checked the contacts, I have checked the electricity... and all is fine.. Still they just give up living here!!!! :cross-eye

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Rocky said:
Love that pic, Carina.
Where can I buy one of those?

Marco, the DOminican toasters are not for sale. They are bonus gifts from SankyBanky to the most valuable customers the company have.
Scott travelled around DR for weeks before he found this high quality item.
Anna C have 12, so maybe you can ask her...
She will not get anymore, because rumours says she is not using them as toasters, but collecting the cementblocks to build her Main Sankie a house, and she has realized this way it will be cheaper if SankyBanky gives her the cementblocks...
You know how people are...LOL.. ;)

My best advice would be to ask Anna C or have a chat with Scott.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'll bring you one Marco. I'll just have to sacrifice one block from my sankie house but you're worth it. ;)

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Anna Coniglio said:
I'll bring you one Marco. I'll just have to sacrifice one block from my sankie house but you're worth it. ;)

Just make another window in the future house and you can afford to give away a toaster or two to Marco. :cross-eye

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Rocky said:
Is it easy to get service & parts, in case it breaks down?

It has a lifetime guarantee for you and your great grandchildren as well, all according to Scott.

The best thing is it is only one part, and it has multifunctions, both a cooler and a toaster. You can use it anywhere, even at the beach!
It is not a high priority for theifs to steal, and can also be used for safety and be thrown on any intruders with good results.