Online Education

BluKris

May 19, 2005
So I'm relocating to Santo Domingo, but I would like to have the chance to study(IT-to be exact).Here in the US there are a lot of online school and I wanted to know if anyone had tried taking an online course while being in DR and maybe had some recommendations on choosing an online schoool.
(I already know about the power outages)
Or even if there are some suggestions on Universities in the Capital that offer qualifing BA degrees(english preffered).

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Why would you care where an online course is broadcasted from or where you are located when you take it? I've never taken an online course, but I am assuming all the communication is done online or via email.

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
Hi there

You are not going to find a university here offering undergraduate degrees in english.

AFAIK, the University of Phoenix is one of the first universities offering distance and online education. They have very good admission counselors.

http://onl.uophx.edu/default.aspx

My experience with online education is with Australia, not the US, yet. I don't recommend it if you can't set your own schedule to study.

Jess

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
SOME, USA on-line services, are blocked to the "DR" and "Off Shore" countries.
Check with the On Line UNIV. of choice before assuming you can receive there classes in the DR via the "NET".
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC