Registry Search

JLM266

Jul 17, 2005
Is it possible to have a registry search done to determine / identify property owned by a individual in the DR. I was married to a Dominican about 15 years ago and we had two children. We all live in Canada and we were divorced in 1994. He has not paid child support for many years and is claiming he has no assets. I know he owns property in the DR however need proof. Any advice as to how to proceed will be appreciated. If this is possible, what kind of cost am I looking at?

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Property searches at Registry of Title offices can only be done if the cadastral number of the property in question is known. It is not possible to do a search by the name of the owner.

If the location of the property is known, the cadastral number can be easily obtained from the general area maps available.

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
Fabio J. Guzman said:
Property searches at Registry of Title offices can only be done if the cadastral number of the property in question is known. It is not possible to do a search by the name of the owner.

If the location of the property is known, the cadastral number can be easily obtained from the general area maps available.

can anyone tell me where in puerto plata the registry of title office (Registro de Titulos) is located?

and what is the fee to do property search and to get title
of property?

i need to get title and do property search... thanks.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
THE GAME said:
can anyone tell me where in puerto plata the registry of title office (Registro de Titulos) is located?

and what is the fee to do property search and to get title
of property?

i need to get title and do property search... thanks.

There are 2 places, I am not sure how they are divided.
One is just beside Helderia Mariposa, by Central Park.
The other one, where you also order copies etc, is located at the government building, pass Casa Nelson, in the corner of Separacion/Antera Mota.

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
carina said:
There are 2 places, I am not sure how they are divided.
One is just beside Helderia Mariposa, by Central Park.
The other one, where you also order copies etc, is located at the government building, pass Casa Nelson, in the corner of Separacion/Antera Mota.

thanks for the info Carina.