Mt. Isabel cable car. Optional?

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Is there a road (in decent condition) leading up to the top of the mountain where the botanical gardens are located? I assume there is but would also like to know its condition (safe for any car or need a 4x4) if possible.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
NV_ said:
Is there a road (in decent condition) leading up to the top of the mountain where the botanical gardens are located? I assume there is but would also like to know its condition (safe for any car or need a 4x4) if possible.

There is a road that is safe for any car, from what I recall. There is about one kilometer that the car/ 4 x 4 cannot go.

I have gone both ways. My recommendation is to take the cable car as that is one of the memorable parts of the trip. Great photos from that perspective.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Dolores said:
There is a road that is safe for any car, from what I recall. There is about one kilometer that the car/ 4 x 4 cannot go.

I have gone both ways. My recommendation is to take the cable car as that is one of the memorable parts of the trip. Great photos from that perspective.
Yeah, I second that. The cable car ride and view were one of the more memorable parts of my first visit to PP.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Dolores said:

They tend to discourage you from driving up if they can. It is there mostly for service vehicles, and access for the communications people to sevice all the radios(many) that are in the building for POP public service departments.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
An old friend and I drove up the road on the back side if Mount Isabelle about a year ago, It was to say the least, in poor condition, but do able. I would suggest a 4x4.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Thanks for the replies everyone!

I guess i'll be scratching this excursion from our trip.. :(

That cable car scares me... lol