the movers are coming. what should I ship?

nebraskamom

May 4, 2005
Okay all you expats from the US. I need your advice. we are moving to the DR for probably three years with our three children. lest we get off on a tangent of how I should do more research first, you should know we are going with job in hand (my husband?s company), company car and partially furnished house waiting for us in Santiago (you can?t get much more risk averse, eh?) (and I have hillybilly?s email!), we even have a one year out clause in the contract if we just can?t hack it (as I have read on the message board). we do speak spanish and do have third world experience (I am writing this from bolivia!) so my question to you: we have a weight limit but in general I can ship whatever I need this one time only and it is paid for by the company. what must I bring? what can I get cheaper there? (whatever I don?t spend on the actual move I can spend on purchasing new there). what do you really miss? What should I bring for the kids? we?ll be in sti on aug 20 and anxious to build a community! thanks for your time! ;)

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Any electrodomestics are expensive here. Nice bedding...I mean sheets, comforters, etc.

This has all been discussed before. Do a search.