An Effort to Help the Children of the DR

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Because children ARE our future and because tourists ARE capable of doing so much more than is apparent on the resorts - I am proud to announce the new website of the soon to be incorporated Debbie's Dominican Republic Children's Foundation:

www.beyondthebeach.org

Please take a minute to surf around and familiarize yourselves with our efforts for the children of the DR. This is just the beginning - more will be coming later.

At present we support The DREAM Project in Cabarete, The Mustard Seed Community orphanage for abandoned, disabled Dominican children near Montellano and beginning in the Fall the Escuela B?sica Gregorio Luper?n in one of Puerto Plata's poorer barrios.

If you have any ideas, especially for the Punta Cana or La Romana areas, please feel free to drop me a line at:

Gregg@beyondthebeach.org

Thank you.

Gregg

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Great work!

Great work Gregg, and I admire you for all the efforts you are doing!

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Thank you Carina,

but I am but one small cog on the wheel in the formation of DDRCF (Debbie's Dominican Republic Children's Foundation) and NONE of us behind DDRCF could do anything without the help and support of the good posters of the various bulletin boards where we seek tourist's assistance. I may just be one of the more visible cogs.

A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU.

FYI
Here is a small excerpt from DDRCF Mission Statement which may help you see where we hope to go over time:

"Our vision is clear: By the actions taken to reach beyond the beach, we strive to make our efforts redundant and totally unnecessary at some glorious future date. The happiest day of this foundation's existence will be the one when our efforts are not needed in any way to assist the children of the Dominican Republic. Our own planned obsolescence is our ultimate vision."

A full rendition may be found at: www.beyondthebeach.org

Thanks again,

Gregg

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I agree, all these folks behind the project are great people. I've met them all.

See you all at the fiesta on Saturday. ;)

Tracy

Jan 23, 2004
Great site Gregg!

I will share it with all of my clients traveling to the Dominican Republic!

Tracy

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
I want to thank you for this thread

People traveling to the DR, will have more memories by giving to underprivileged families and children, most of all children.... then their whole vacation when they look back. ;) I think it's great that you are so helpful to even further the mission, God bless you and everyone else that helps. I have them swing sets that need to be installed in Santiago orphanage and school campus for the underprivileged. But I'm just waiting for some old man to help me out. :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: HB.

Just to add a Note

What started off a year ago as a friendly little garden party (34 people) at my home has expanded into what Fireguy is aluding to, this year we will at the upcoming Fiesta (July 23rd) donate over $6000 dollars to the Dream Project in Sosua, and also give some lucky voucher purchaser a $3600 Dream Vacation and to some attendee a free week at Sosua by the Sea including free air provided by Jet Blue, and numerous other door prizes.
We can only get better, thanks to all that have helped.

I thank Robert from DR1 personally for allowing us to use his forums to send our message to all the tourists and ex-pats.

Children are our FUTURE.

IT FEELS GREAT TO DONATE.

Pictures will be posted after the Fiesta!

Update

Debbie's Dominican Republic Children's Foundation has received non profit charitable organization status from the Canadian Government and we will be continuing to work to help the Children in the Dominican Republic. We are currently setuo for donations to the North Coast area, Sosua, Cabarete and Puerto Plata and are working on getting the Bavaro Punta Cana area setup.

Please visit our website and watch for upcoming projects, you can help as well.

www.beyondthebeach.org