POKER GAME-AUG.4th-SOSUA

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
All poker players are invited to our semi-regular poker game.
Date: Thursday, Aug 4th
Time: 9:00PM
Place: Rocky's Restaurant, Sosua

This is a friendly low stakes dealer's choice game. Nobody wins alot or loses alot.

Novice players are welcome- we can teach you advanced Dominican Poker Strategy.

Women players are welcome and have the option of betting their clothes instead of pesos.

Let me know if you can attend.

HOWMAR

Last edited:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
HOWMAR said:
All poker players are invited to our semi-regular poker game.
Date: Aug 4th
Time: 9:00PM
Place: Rocky's Restaurant, Sosua

This is a friendly low stakes dealer's choice game. Nobody wins alot or loses alot.

Novices players are welcome- we can teach you advanced Dominican Poker Strategy.

Women players are welcome and have the option of betting their clothes instead of pesos.

Let me know if you can attend.

HOWMAR
I like the theme. Count me in if I am in town.

Escott

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Just a Reminder....

Poker Game- Dealer's Choice
Thursday, August 4th, 9:00PM
Rocky's Restaurant, Sosua

Let me know if you can make it.

HOWMAR

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
So

What is the clothing value in pesos?
Assuming one were losing, does the de-robing work on an inverse ratio?
(ie. less clothes, more value per piece?)

I may join in, but it depends how hot it is that day.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
dawnwil said:
What is the clothing value in pesos?
Assuming one were losing, does the de-robing work on an inverse ratio?
(ie. less clothes, more value per piece?)

I may join in, but it depends how hot it is that day.

We use standard Dominican Poker Rules (According to Jose not Hoyle).
40 peso bet = 1 outergarment
80 peso bet = 1 undergarment
All in bet = Use your imagination.

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
thank you, howmar

I will let you know the day of-- as mentioned, depends on the humidex, heat index, wind direction & speed.

The layered look has always been "lucky" for me. If it's terribly hot and there's no breeze, well, for the sake of propriety, I will sit this one out.

dawnwil

NINO

Jan 5, 2002
just watch out

Dudes i also fancy poker,but just be carefull as these cardgames are illegal
so do them in private.
Good Luck

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
NINO said:
so do them in private.
Good Luck
Thanks, I'll let the policia colonel who plays with us know that he better be careful.

Last edited:

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
NINO said:
so do them in private.
Good Luck
Or, maybe we should use playing cards shaped like dominoes. Everybody remember, the double six is really the Ace of Spades.

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Escott said:
I will be there.

Does this mean you're in twice? Is this allowed in Standard Dominican Poker Rules?

I'll sit in for you if you've got too many hands. Sat in for alanindr once, won some pesos too, but he was gone at the time.

NINO

Jan 5, 2002
dude i was just trying to be helpfull

but as you trust your colonel ""friend ""so much go ahead.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Thank you for trying to be "helpfull". I believe you were trying to be "helpful". Maybe you were just being "full" of yourself, dude. In any event, thanks for you permission to proceed,

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
I believe a good time was had by all. The winners more than the losers. We purposly had the new players win so they will return next time with an excess of over-confidence.
Continuing his past performance, Escott won the first hand and was ready to bolt.
[]Plan on the next episode of the North Coast Dominican Poker Tour to take place on Thursday night, September 1[]. Same place, same time.
Some new blood should be in town for the Labor Day weekend.

HOWMAR

P.S. The players at the table must have looked like a bunch of sharks because Dawn declined to play in spite of wearing 16 layers of clothing.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
HOWMAR said:
I believe a good time was had by all. The winners more than the losers. We purposly had the new players win so they will return next time with an excess of over-confidence.
Continuing his past performance, Escott won the first hand and was ready to bolt.
[]Plan on the next episode of the North Coast Dominican Poker Tour to take place on Thursday night, September 1[]. Same place, same time.
Some new blood should be in town for the Labor Day weekend.

HOWMAR

P.S. The players at the table must have looked like a bunch of sharks because Dawn declined to play in spite of wearing 16 layers of clothing.
Hey I stayed till almost midnight. I am sick as a dog today though.

I think I had dinner too late at the poker game and had indigestion all night long. Now in bed after getting my broken down Jeepeta looked after and back home finally.

Ho boy... I think I will be here for the 1st of September also. You lucky guys will take more of my money. I think I keep making donations to you all and I should probably stay home and just mail it in.

Dawn said that if she didn't have things to do last night she would have stayed. She said you all looked like a bunch of turkeys with the exception of myself who scared her! Maybe because I spank her a lot? Don't know but what do you all think of this crew?

Next time maybe Marco won't let the cat out AGAIN. Anyone comes to watch just stand behind Marco. It makes him feel wanted and loved. He will love you for it.

Escott_pokerplayers.JPG

Escott

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Escott said:
Hey I stayed till almost midnight. I am sick as a dog today though.

I think I had dinner too late at the poker game and had indigestion all night long. Now in bed after getting my broken down Jeepeta looked after and back home finally.

Ho boy... I think I will be here for the 1st of September also. You lucky guys will take more of my money. I think I keep making donations to you all and I should probably stay home and just mail it in.

Dawn said that if she didn't have things to do last night she would have stayed. She said you all looked like a bunch of turkeys with the exception of myself who scared her! Maybe because I spank her a lot? Don't know but what do you all think of this crew?

Next time maybe Marco won't let the cat out AGAIN. Anyone comes to watch just stand behind Marco. It makes him feel wanted and loved. He will love you for it.

Escott_pokerplayers.JPG

Escott
You would think that somebody of your age would have learned not to eat fried foods late at night.

The picture should instill confidence in anybody planning on joining the game. Who would think that those pictured are the greatest poker stategists on the North Coast (maybe nationally).