Clothes etc for Dominicans

J

Jacquie

We went to Punta Cana last year and I heard tourists were bringing clothes,hand cream,etc. for children and women. We are going in Jan.2000 and would like to bring afew things. Anyone have ideas and where can I leave them.

A

arcoiris

the churches usually do ministries to the poor, whether it be the Catholic Church, Episcopalian, or other Protestant church. The Catholic Church is probably the best organiszed and most wide-spread to be able to pass on what they receive in an area more well off to an area more in need.

D

Dee DeMusis

Hi there, Jacquie--

I'd like to add voice to what arcoiris says: the churches do a great job of distributing things to people in need. I served as a mission volunteer based out of La omana for quite some time and did alot of social outreach and distributions.

Bring clothes, sneakers, underwear [all of these things for all sizes and ages],bed linens, OTC medicines-- especially vitamins, pain relievers,cold preps, and first aid supplies. Anything made of denim and sneakers are hottest, but pepole accept anything from America as "golden".

Most of all, bring yourself with an open spirit.

Dee