"809" MESS of course...........

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Of course.....the dialing of "809" could not be simple here. I guess it started today and already I have a problem that maybe someone can help me with since neither Verizon or Orange can GRASP what I am talking about.

1. I recently changed my cellphone to a PDA that is GSM so I needed to change from Verizon to Orange.

2. My home phones (2) are Verizon.

3. Up til TODAY, I transfer my VERIZON home phone to my ORANGE cellphone when I am out and about.

4. SO, Today, I had to transfer it in the following manner: *72, 1, 809, XXX-XXXX (Orange Cell Phone #). The transfer goes through fine, but NOW when someone calls my home it is transferred to my ORANGE VOICE MAIL ***MENU****, NOT either myself or my voicemail if not available, BUT ONLY TO THE MENU.....SAYING ENTER YOUR "NUMERO DE BUZON" OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT..............

5........BUT..........IF you call the Orange Cell phone DIRECTLY without being transferred THROUGH my home VERIZON LAND LINE, it works fine.

ANY SUGGESTIONS???

Edited: 10:05 am....Thursday.....UPON FURTHER TESTING, if I transfer the phone to a Verizon cell phone it works fine........BUT STILL WON'T WORK WITH MY ORANGE LINE..

Last edited:

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Get yourself a beeper! :nervous: Sorry bad joke! I was just thinking how much easier it was back in "beeper" days!

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
yes!

juanita said:
Get yourself a beeper! :nervous: Sorry bad joke! I was just thinking how much easier it was back in "beeper" days!

Not to go off subject but, yes you are right. Sometimes I wonder how much the technology that is supposed to help ease our lives in some ways complicates it. Like automobiles were so basic and simple before and now with everything computerized and electronic there are a lot more problems than before when you only had to worry about mechanical issues. Oh Well!

DunHill

Aug 29, 2003
www.dunhill.ws
Try without using the 1
it is confusing i know, but thats the same if we try to call Haiti from the DR
Sometimes 011-1-xxx
Sometimes 011-xxx
and sometimes just xxx
i think ... nothing, welcome to the Dominican Republic

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
POP Bad Boy said:
Of course.....the dialing of "809" could not be simple here. I guess it started today and already I have a problem that maybe someone can help me with since neither Verizon or Orange can GRASP what I am talking about.

1. I recently changed my cellphone to a PDA that is GSM so I needed to change from Verizon to Orange.

2. My home phones (2) are Verizon.

3. Up til TODAY, I transfer my VERIZON home phone to my ORANGE cellphone when I am out and about.

4. SO, Today, I had to transfer it in the following manner: *72, 1, 809, XXX-XXXX (Orange Cell Phone #). The transfer goes through fine, but NOW when someone calls my home it is transferred to my ORANGE VOICE MAIL ***MENU****, NOT either myself or my voicemail if not available, BUT ONLY TO THE MENU.....SAYING ENTER YOUR "NUMERO DE BUZON" OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT..............

5........BUT..........IF you call the Orange Cell phone DIRECTLY without being transferred THROUGH my home VERIZON LAND LINE, it works fine.

ANY SUGGESTIONS???

Edited: 10:05 am....Thursday.....UPON FURTHER TESTING, if I transfer the phone to a Verizon cell phone it works fine........BUT STILL WON'T WORK WITH MY ORANGE LINE..