higher interest rates

jay s

Jul 21, 2005
Now that the interest rates on peso CDs in banks is so low does anyone have ideas about how to get higher rates. I heard some people lend to Finance Houses. Has anyone had experience with this type of investment? Thanks, jay s

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I have some experience and know many others with both good and bad stories to tell!!! I can recommend one in particular if you are interested. Where are you?

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
There is one in Puerto Plata that has a very good reputation. I assume that is the one planner is referring to.

Larry

tizi

Nov 14, 2004
be extremly cautious

jay s said:
Now that the interest rates on peso CDs in banks is so low does anyone have ideas about how to get higher rates. I heard some people lend to Finance Houses. Has anyone had experience with this type of investment? Thanks, jay s

unfortunately the dominican peso at these levels smells very bad...mainly at a moment with the interest rate diff?rencial with Us dollars is narrowing,the big guys will try to consider the actual exchange rate as a real bargain to buy us dollars.Things can go faster than you think.

The economy is dying under the process of stagflation(lower growth and continuing raising prices...)The picture is far from to be brilliant.

Export sector as tourism are seeing serious adverse effects..Dr is no more competitive at all.

i would stay away of the Rd$ and will not go into high return investment involving considerable risks.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
tizi said:
unfortunately the dominican peso at these levels smells very bad...mainly at a moment with the interest rate diff?rencial with Us dollars is narrowing,the big guys will try to consider the actual exchange rate as a real bargain to buy us dollars.Things can go faster than you think.

The economy is dying under the process of stagflation(lower growth and continuing raising prices...)The picture is far from to be brilliant.

Export sector as tourism are seeing serious adverse effects..Dr is no more competitive at all.

i would stay away of the Rd$ and will not go into high return investment involving considerable risks.
Well I can't agree that the economy is exactly dying. Prices are still lower than the rest of the Caribbean so the Dominican Republic has to step up services and upgrade properties and they will be more than competitive. I think the Free Zones will go the way of the caveman here because they won't be able to compete with China. This country has far more to offer in Tourism, second homes than other places and that can easily make up for that loss.

I am not a fan of Pesos and have NEVER bought more than 1500 US at a time unless I had to make a big purchase. That being said I invest in the DR in US DOLLARS, EUROS and Sterling only! The finance house in Puerto Plata that has been mentioned will do Dollar, Euro, Sterling, Canadian Dollar accounts.

Anoeca which is the finance house represented above i run by a fellow by the name of Alberto. He is friends to many here on this board and can be reached on his cell phone 809-697-0760. I have met a good amount of people on both the North and South coast through him. Great guy and great businessman that conducts himself in a business like manner. He is also a wealth of information to me and I always run things by him to get his take on it.

They also will pay more on Dollars for good size investments than the Central Bank will pay on Pesos.

Escott