4 Single Girls Looking for Fun in POP!

Chiquita

Oct 3, 2004
Hey Everyone
I am planning to go to the Dominican Republic sometime before the end of year, and have no idea where to stay. I've been to Bahia Principe one to many times and I think it's time for a change of scenery. Does anyone have any suggestions for 3-4 single girls looking to have fun. I'm the only one of the group who's been to the RD, and want my friends to enjoy the country as much as I do. Since I've had a one track mind for so long it's hard for me to make a decision on where else to stay. I am open to any suggestions, we would prefer a resort that has a lot of young people, but also where we are able to mix with the locals. (I have friends in RSJ, but would really enjoy to meet new people this time around.)
Look forward to hearing any suggestions!!!

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I would recommend the Casa Marina Reef/Beach hotels in Sosua. They are on the beach but also in town and not just an all inclusive enclave in the middle of nowhere like RSJ.

While Sosua has some nice places, you might it a little seedy, so Cabarate is another option, its like a surfer town with an active beach that has a strip of bars/restaurants. There are many small hotels there and a few larger ones like Viva Tangerine or the Azzuro.

Another option is Breezes which is between Sosua and Cabarete.

All those are all inclusive resorts, there are many non-all inclusive hotels in Sosua and Cabarete. They're cheap but you get what you pay for.

Chiquita

Oct 3, 2004
I personally would love to take advantage of the NON-AI experience but I know my girlfriends aren't upto that! They LOVE the AI experinence, so I think I'm kind of stuck being an AI prisoner! But thanks for the advice, hopefully my next trip I'll be able to take that route instead!

Tamborista said:
Get a nice apartment/hotel in Cabarete!
That way you are not an AI prisoner and have a nice pad.
You can always go to Sosua for the day/evening and experience the "dark side"!

http://www.activecabarete.com/lodging/

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
Conchman said:
I would recommend the Casa Marina Reef/Beach hotels in Sosua. They are on the beach but also in town and not just an all inclusive enclave in the middle of nowhere like RSJ.

While Sosua has some nice places, you might it a little seedy, so Cabarate is another option, its like a surfer town with an active beach that has a strip of bars/restaurants. There are many small hotels there and a few larger ones like Viva Tangerine or the Azzuro.

Another option is Breezes which is between Sosua and Cabarete.

All those are all inclusive resorts, there are many non-all inclusive hotels in Sosua and Cabarete. They're cheap but you get what you pay for.
sosua is seedy?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
While there are many good establishments, there are also many bars filled with annoying hookers. The ambiance in Cabarete is much nicer while Sosua is a bit more diverse.

TimInDR

Jun 4, 2005
www.prestigecarrentals.com
I'd suggest the Viva Tangerine in Cabarete (www.vivaresorts.com). All Inclusive, but a short 10-15 minute walk down the beach to the 'strip' of bars and restaurants where all the Cabarete night life is. Also, only about 10-20 minutes from Sosua, by taxi/car if you want to explore or check out the night life there.

It's probably a step down from the Bahia Principe, but it's a fun place and well run, IMHO.

I think you'd have more fun in Cabarete and Sosua than you would in POP.

(in the interest of full disclosure, I don't work for Viva, but I do have an office at most of their resorts)

CHAZZIEV

Aug 1, 2005
Iberostar Costa Dorada

GO HERE IN NORTH COAST PUERTO PLATA WELL ITS PLAYA DORADA REALLY. BUT GO HERE THERE ARE PLENTY OF GUYS YOU CAN HAVE A LAUGH WITH AND IF YOUR SINGLE THEN SO ARE THEY LOL THEY ARE ALL PROBABLY MARRIED AND HAVE WIFES AND KIDS ALL OVER THE PLACE BUT YOU ARE HAVING FUN. IF YOU GO IBEROSTAR COSTA DORADA THEN MAKE SURE YOU MAKE FRIENDS WITH OENDY EDUARDO MARIO AND TUNTUN THEY WLL KEEP YOU HAPPY FOR YOUR HOLIDAY BUT BE PREPARED TO SPEND LOTS NO DOMINCAN SPENDS MONEY ON THERE GIRLS NOT LIKE IN NORMAL COUNTRYS. BUT BE CAREFUL IN ANY HOTEL YOU AIN THE ONLY GIRLS THEY HAVE SLEPT WITH SO BE CAREFUL THEYALL PROBABLY HAVE RABIES BY NOW LMFAO :eek: :eek: :tired: ;) :glasses:

May 31, 2005
CHAZZIEV said:
GO HERE IN NORTH COAST PUERTO PLATA WELL ITS PLAYA DORADA REALLY. BUT GO HERE THERE ARE PLENTY OF GUYS YOU CAN HAVE A LAUGH WITH AND IF YOUR SINGLE THEN SO ARE THEY LOL THEY ARE ALL PROBABLY MARRIED AND HAVE WIFES AND KIDS ALL OVER THE PLACE BUT YOU ARE HAVING FUN. IF YOU GO IBEROSTAR COSTA DORADA THEN MAKE SURE YOU MAKE FRIENDS WITH OENDY EDUARDO MARIO AND TUNTUN THEY WLL KEEP YOU HAPPY FOR YOUR HOLIDAY BUT BE PREPARED TO SPEND LOTS NO DOMINCAN SPENDS MONEY ON THERE GIRLS NOT LIKE IN NORMAL COUNTRYS. BUT BE CAREFUL IN ANY HOTEL YOU AIN THE ONLY GIRLS THEY HAVE SLEPT WITH SO BE CAREFUL THEYALL PROBABLY HAVE RABIES BY NOW LMFAO :eek: :eek: :tired: ;) :glasses:
I will have to disagree on the "No Dominican spends money on their girl" part. I, for one am Dominican and my Dominican boyfriends, male friends, and male family members do not let me ever pay for anything. And it is not the exception. It is the norm. The sankys that hang out with the tourists don't pay because they expect the tourist to have all the money. Don't confuse the sankys with the way that most Dominican men treat their women.

Wag

Feb 4, 2005
Dragonfly32837 said:
I will have to disagree on the "No Dominican spends money on their girl" part. I, for one am Dominican and my Dominican boyfriends, male friends, and male family members do not let me ever pay for anything. And it is not the exception. It is the norm. The sankys that hang out with the tourists don't pay because they expect the tourist to have all the money. Don't confuse the sankys with the way that most Dominican men treat their women.

I think she meant that no sakie will spend money on his "mark". I agree with you. The rule for dominican men is to pay for the girlfriend and all the female friends that are with her. I think is the "latin gentleman" thing to do, I do it all the time and I am not dominican.

Wag

Wag

Feb 4, 2005
CHAZZIEV said:

Spell check is your friend....

Dragonfly32837 said:

Don't try to tell these people anything, AZB has been trying to tell people for years now but these people just like to pick up Animacion boy/girls and think they are the same as the average Dominican.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Indeed!

badpiece33 said:
Don't try to tell these people anything, AZB has been trying to tell people for years now but these people just like to pick up Animacion boy/girls and think they are the same as the average Dominican.
So true.

And those same people are the ones that would get a free STD and then wonder why it happened to them!. And then blame the whole dominican population for THEIR mistake.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Chiquita said:
Hey Everyone
I am planning to go to the Dominican Republic sometime before the end of year, and have no idea where to stay. I've been to Bahia Principe one to many times and I think it's time for a change of scenery. Does anyone have any suggestions for 3-4 single girls looking to have fun. I'm the only one of the group who's been to the RD, and want my friends to enjoy the country as much as I do. Since I've had a one track mind for so long it's hard for me to make a decision on where else to stay. I am open to any suggestions, we would prefer a resort that has a lot of young people, but also where we are able to mix with the locals. (I have friends in RSJ, but would really enjoy to meet new people this time around.)
Look forward to hearing any suggestions!!!
Go east to Punta Cana, better beaches, no hookers, hustlers, or hagglers.

May 31, 2005
I agree Badpiece33 and Miguel. It's just that it strikes a cord in me when I hear generalizations about Dominicans because I want everyone to know that just because you see one Dominican does something, it does not mean that most Dominicans do the same thing or do it alike.

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
ggn420 said:
Go east to Punta Cana, better beaches, no hookers, hustlers, or hagglers.
Who are you trying to kid? ... I agree the beaches are better, but there are hookers, hustlers, & hagglers, and plenty of them. Leave the resort without your wife/girlfriend/mom/sister/daughter, etc. and you'll see an abundance of hookers.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Always play SAFE

Every resort has animation team members that enjoy playing the tourists for sex and money especially if they can get Western Union involved. If you are single and fat you are guarranteed the most flattering time of your life for 1 week until the next plane arrives. ;) Don't mind Chazzie - she just got majorly played by one of the biggest sankies at the Iberostar Costa Dorada.

Bonita Morena

Sep 24, 2004
"if you are single and fat you are guarranteed the most flattering time of your life for 1 week until the next plane arrives."

I don't think that this is a fair comment to make! Why does everyone assume that "fat" chicks only go to the dominincan to find men! I've seen "model material" type girls chase after the "sankies" and then come home to cry the blues......just like the rest of the "fat girls". Dominican men love women and will take them anyway they can!

I agree that the sankies will play ANY girl that gives them the time of day whether they be ugly and fat, skinny and ugly or just your average pretty girl from Europe or North America. Dominican men love women and know how to make a woman feel loved and beautiful. I have dominican friends here, and many in Puerto Plata, yeah sure these guys know how to play girls but really doesn't every guy? So when your on vacation don't fall in love, just go and have a good time.....leave your heart and conscious at home and everything will be fine!

Enough about that nonsense, Chiquita I think you and your frineds should stick to Bahia, although it's a little bit secluded it's a fun place to stay. The resort has a lot to offer, animacion is very "friendly" and you party almost all nite without anyone complaining! Sousa and Cabarete are close by and if you really wanted to RSJ is fun too!

But if you really want to try something new I would suggest Paradise in Playa Dorada. Have a good vacation!

Last edited: