That License Plate sticker...

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
that they say is needed for your vehicle. Is that a new sticker or an entire new plate. Because I don't see any difference between what I have and what other cars have. Unless no one is getting the sticker.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It's a sticker that goes in your window.
Cars older than 1999 pay RD$2200
I brought mine at Plaza Lama in Santo Domingo.
All they wanted was a photo copy of my matricula.
It took a total of 2 mins, if not less.

August 3rd is the cut off date.
After that AMET will be towing and impounding.
I hear they will be VERY aggressive with this, so you better
get your sticker before August 3rd.

You know that a few days before it will be total choas as people
fight to get stickers :)

From our news:
The Tax Department (DGII) reports that only 11% of vehicle owners have renewed their license plates to date. The general public has until 3 August to obtain the new stickers that represent a renewed license. Vehicles made before 1999 will pay RD$1,200 for the sticker and later models will pay RD$2,000. There are telephone services, internet services and various "express offices", located in the major shopping malls, set up for vehicle owners to carry out the renewals.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Robert said:

I have just purchased my sticker. Cars older than 1999 pays 1200 pesos and after 1999 pays 2200.
Just make a photo copy of your metricula but also take along the original metricula to show them. Bring along a photo copy of your cedula. You will be all set. I have done it all in 5 minutes in a near by associacion cibao bank. Good luck
AZB

BigDaddy

Jan 16, 2005
Is this the same sticker

Robert said:

From our news:
The Tax Department (DGII) reports that only 11% of vehicle owners have renewed their license plates to date. The general public has until 3 August to obtain the new stickers that represent a renewed license. Vehicles made before 1999 will pay RD$1,200 for the sticker and later models will pay RD$2,000. There are telephone services, internet services and various "express offices", located in the major shopping malls, set up for vehicle owners to carry out the renewals.

that I just got a couple months ago? I could have sworn there was a big too doo about it not more than 3-4 months ago. How often do you have to get these things? I thought it was only once a year?

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
The purpose of the sticker? $$$

In this day and age, it's all about money. The more the government gets, the more it wants.
Since we have no choice but to play the game, where do you get the AMET repellent sticker on the north coast/POP?
Thanks
P.S. From the looks of the picture of Leonel and de Niro on the daily news page, Hilter must have just come in the room.

BigDaddy

Jan 16, 2005
I'm still confused.

JDJones said:
Once a year, but they have been on sale now for close to three months, that's why you saw all the "doo" before.
I bought mine the day they came available. Peace of mind and all that....

I have a sticker that is punched in the February slot and is allegedly good until Feb 2006. However, that was more than 3 months ago. Is there a different, second sticker, or am I good to go?

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
You have the Revista. I believe this is yet another sticker that we are talking about. But the guy downstairs just told me, no it replaces the Revista. So, I am back to being confused. I purchased one today for 1200RD.

BigDaddy said:
I have a sticker that is punched in the February slot and is allegedly good until Feb 2006. However, that was more than 3 months ago. Is there a different, second sticker, or am I good to go?

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
As Snuffy said, that's a Revista.
This has NOT been replaced by the Placa, you need both.

Hope the photo below helps you understand what's what.

revista_placa.jpg

BigDaddy

Jan 16, 2005
Thanks Robert, now . . .

What is the Placa for? (besides to make money) And where does one buy one?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
BigDaddy said:
What is the Placa for? (besides to make money) And where does one buy one?

Where do you live?

If you live in Santo Domingo, you can get them at Plaza Lama (cnr 27 & Churchil) The desk is located on the 3rd floor infront of the beauty salon.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Robert said:
Where do you live?

If you live in Santo Domingo, you can get them at Plaza Lama (cnr 27 & Churchil) The desk is located on the 3rd floor infront of the beauty salon.

They also have a location at the Supermarket Nacional on Lope de Vega (right next to the exit door).

Robert, do they keep the "copy" of your matricula?

PlantaFULL

Oct 21, 2004
I bought this "placa" sticker today, this is the one with the August 3rd deadline right?

I however don't have the "revista" sticker.

Question: is the "revista" mandatory as well, where (Santo Domingo) and when do I get that one, how much does it cost?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
PlantaFULL said:
I bought this "placa" sticker today, this is the one with the August 3rd deadline right?

I however don't have the "revista" sticker.

Question: is the "revista" mandatory as well, where (Santo Domingo) and when do I get that one, how much does it cost?

That's more work and yes they are mandatory.
You need to pay for it at Banco Reservas and then get it at Obras Publicos.

Use the search, it's your friend, or read these threads.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38480

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39747

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39210

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You can get it in Puerta Plata right across from Casa Nelson. It is on the corner and is some sort of Municipal Building.

reracked

Sep 26, 2003
What about the revista?

Apart of the "marbete" you also need to get the "Revista vehiculo de motor"
that cost 50RD$

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Got my Placa

Had one hell of a day yesterday trying to get all Revista'd and Placa'd. Went to the baseball stadium place for the 10th time to be told to return at 2.00pm. - Told the guy that according to local legend they actually shut at 2.00pm and he laughed, shrugged his shoulders and walked off. Met a wonderful Dominican chap inthe same building who sorted me out a revista from one of his "friends" for 200 pesos. Then as part of the service, the guy took me to the place in Puerto Plata next to Casa Nelson for the placa. (Apparently you can go to the central bank too - but I'm not sure) - He said he had connections at the municipal building. Then the cashier would not take my money because I only had a copy of the matricular and then much to my surprise when we looked at the copy it was in someone elses name anyway! A quick call to Rocky for his usuall speedy and sensible advice was made but before he could get back to us my new "friend" produced a new matricular for me! All the numbers were correct and everything! What a guy. - I'd give you his 'phone number and name but I wouldn't want to get him in trouble.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I called you right back at the number you called me from, and once I was passed to 4 different people and put on ignore for 5 minutes, I gave up.
Glad it worked for you.