Dominican Residence

kiskeyanoking

Jul 2, 2005
I want to know how to recieve each residence status from residence visa to permanent residency to work towards recieving my citizenship. Do i need to higher a lawyer, and if so, how much on the average will it cost me?

kiskeyanoking

Jul 2, 2005
Escott said:
I used a lawyer, prices range from 800 to 1500 depending on whom you ask.

That is for the temp or permanent each.

Escott
So if i use a lawyer, i wont haft to do any running around and thinking, just waiting patiently? Also, in regards to economic solvency, can i show proof that i have money in an american bank account, or will they allow me to start a bank account or by realstate before or during aquiring residence visa?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
kiskeyanoking said:
So if i use a lawyer, i wont haft to do any running around and thinking, just waiting patiently? Also, in regards to economic solvency, can i show proof that i have money in an american bank account, or will they allow me to start a bank account or by realstate before or during aquiring residence visa?

Yes, you can show proof you have money in a US bank. I used a lawyer that is part of Fabio Guzman's group. They have an associate in SD who was once a lawyer for immigration so is very well connected. This helped keep things moving along.

kiskeyanoking

Jul 2, 2005
Ken said:
Yes, you can show proof you have money in a US bank. I used a lawyer that is part of Fabio Guzman's group. They have an associate in SD who was once a lawyer for immigration so is very well connected. This helped keep things moving along.

So once i receive residency, i can just reside for six months and the money in the bank will be proof of economic solvency instead of purchasing real estate?
Also, how much money in Pesos or $dollars needs to be saved?

I'm trying to recieve my residence visa first and work my way toward permanent residence to citizenship, and i know they wont tolerate anyone coming in who are destitute, speak spanish and know there history poorly, etc.

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
is that 800-1500 pesos or dollars? is that the price of the lawyer or the residency visa? also i was wondering if you loose any benifits that you would have otherwise without residency?

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
audboogie said:
is that 800-1500 pesos or dollars? is that the price of the lawyer or the residency visa? also i was wondering if you loose any benifits that you would have otherwise without residency?

That is the price for all incl. the service of a lawyer.
The price is in USD.

You have no benefits living here without a residency unlegally.
With a residency you are here legally, and live/work here legally.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
audboogie said:
I don't know where you are from so it is hard to answer about losing any benefits.

As a US citizen I get to make 80k offshore tax free so for me it is a benefit.

The price is in Dollars and the range includes everything. The least I have heard about is 800 and the most I have heard about is 1500. I don't believe that there is a difference other than the money. I paid 1000 US for mine and was told that there were shortcuts taken that would backfire on me but I guess it held water and I have already applied for citizenship and am just waiting now. Interview is already done and I passed.

Escott

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Escott said:
I don't know where you are from so it is hard to answer about losing any benefits.

As a US citizen I get to make 80k offshore tax free so for me it is a benefit.

The price is in Dollars and the range includes everything. The least I have heard about is 800 and the most I have heard about is 1500. I don't believe that there is a difference other than the money. I paid 1000 US for mine and was told that there were shortcuts taken that would backfire on me but I guess it held water and I have already applied for citizenship and am just waiting now. Interview is already done and I passed.

Escott

Congrats Escott!!
I passed my interview as well!!
Now we will be dominicanos puro blanco!

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
carina said:
That is the price for all incl. the service of a lawyer.
The price is in USD.

You have no benefits living here without a residency unlegally.
With a residency you are here legally, and live/work here legally.

do u have any idea what the price is without a lawyer? im from US, husband is DR citizen. what are your thought on doing it without a lawyer but with a dominican husband? we have a lawyer friend but when we asked him last yr he wasnt 100 percent sure on the process so i don't think he has much experience with this. also, when u get your residency does that inclued a working visa? or being able to work here legally? i had a job at casa de campo but since i didn't have a "working visa" and due to new laws, i had to get that first and then get the job...so right know im looking for how to get whatever papers i need to work legally?

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
I think you really should consult a lawyer. I believe a foreign national woman who marries a dominican man can apply for direct citizenship. This is not true for a foreign man who marries a dominican woman.

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
HOWMAR said:
I think you really should consult a lawyer. I believe a foreign national woman who marries a dominican man can apply for direct citizenship. This is not true for a foreign man who marries a dominican woman.

sorry still wondering...does that mean that she still has to apply for her residency like the average jill and then direct citizenship?

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
audboogie said:
sorry still wondering...does that mean that she still has to apply for her residency like the average jill and then direct citizenship?
That's why I said consult a lawyer. I am under the impression that she can apply directly for citizenship as the spouse of a Dominican man. Best check with a knowledgable lawyer.