Lingo v/IP service in DR?

Sanson

Apr 14, 2003
Does anyone know If Lingo voice over ip, has service in the DR? I opened an account with them, but I`m unable to setup the service. Please let me know, if anyone has experience with them, and how you installed it. Thanks! I`m currently using VERIZON DSL.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
You should be able to use an VOIP service regardless of your location as long as you have broadband - that is the point of VOIP service. Skype could care less if you lived on the moon as long as you can pay them.

Sanson

Apr 14, 2003
I am having problems with the Lingo Phone Adaptor, as It doesn`t seem able to connect itself through my DSL connection. Does anyone has experience with them? I`m thinking that maybe I have to change my router. I have a Cisco 677i router. Thanks!

fortywater

May 4, 2005
ISP ports blocked?

Have you investigated if your ISP has blocked the ports that the software connects on or if your router is not forwarding the packets correctly? I know certain ISP's will block ports that are associated with certain programs (ie file sharing) so that may be the problem.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
ricktoronto said:
You should be able to use an VOIP service regardless of your location as long as you have broadband - that is the point of VOIP service. Skype could care less if you lived on the moon as long as you can pay them.

Not true. Some ISP's block ports these services run on.
Verizon here have been known to do it, especially the ports the Instant Messaging VOIP ports. Yahoo, MSN etc.

Sanson

Apr 14, 2003
Robert, Did they have any trouble installing their service? Please let me know. Thanks!

Sanson

Apr 14, 2003
Do you know which router where they using?? My router has 4-5 years, so I think that is why my Lingo service doesn`t work... Do you know their DSL service provider? Thanks!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
DSL: Verizon
Routers: Various (linksys, USRobotics, 3Com)

I think you will find that Vonage prefer Linksys or that's what they show on most of their specs and ads.

Sanson

Apr 14, 2003
Thanks Robert!

Anyway, I have to stick to Lingo as I have a contract with them. I`ll change my router for a new one to see if, I get it working.