internet res for travel

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
I would like to travel to puerto plata or punta cana .I'm not new to this but I would like to know of any internet sites that can give the best $$$ for me. i usually just book flight and car rental before i get there. then i deal with hotel reservation when I get there. I usually get about $110.00 a night at an A1 at playa dorada complex no problemo(for 2 people total) ;) . I did have a bad experience in march with a popular site, I had reservations for one top rated hotel, but moved to a sister property when i got there which is very frustrating :tired: :eek: . now what advice can I get? Again I get a car rental for $50.00 a day total(taxes etc.), hotel for $50.00 -$60.00 total pp., and flight for $325.00 on AA (at normal hours.) total=$2100.00 for 10 days. (or $1050)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
kapitan75 said:
I would like to travel to puerto plata or punta cana .I'm not new to this but I would like to know of any internet sites that can give the best $$$ for me. i usually just book flight and car rental before i get there. then i deal with hotel reservation when I get there. I usually get about $110.00 a night at an A1 at playa dorada complex no problemo(for 2 people total) ;) . I did have a bad experience in march with a popular site, I had reservations for one top rated hotel, but moved to a sister property when i got there which is very frustrating :tired: :eek: . now what advice can I get? Again I get a car rental for $50.00 a day total(taxes etc.), hotel for $50.00 -$60.00 total pp., and flight for $325.00 on AA (at normal hours.) total=$2100.00 for 10 days. (or $1050)

Take a look at the hotel/resort booking engine at the bottom of our travel pages. http://www.dr1.com/travel/index.shtml

Also in the Directory section.
http://www.dr1.com/directories/index.shtml

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
From Ny

Id Be Paying In Dollars. I Did See A Deal From Liberty "5nites $569?"
Mid Week Travel. Any One Has Experience With Liberty?

dickie_baby

Aug 20, 2005
Tour Operator offering room only

I am in Canada, but I booked my flights with Continental and my hoel at sunwing.com. I found the prices competitive. They wee about $20US less a night than the hotels offer on the net.
Keep in mind this sight shows CAD$ so the price is that much cheaper.
I have received my hotel voucher for my Sept 1 stay. at Fun Tropical.
Welcome to email me for details.
shayne04@rogers.com

Shelley

Oct 16, 2004
for hotel

Try http://www.travel-center.com/

I used them for my last trip and found they had good rates for hotels and I had no problem with the booking procedure or hotel. You can also use them to book airport/hotel transfers. Although there are not a lot of hotels in Puerto Plata offered on the site (only 9..3 of which are the Riu group), the prices are good. If a standard room is ok, the rates range from $62-$120 USD, plus tax, per night. That is all inclusive for two people (not pp prices). Also, it doesn't appear that days of the week matter as it shows the same rate for a Saturday as it does for a Tuesday.

Jay06

Aug 19, 2005
kapitan75 said:

When I travel I usually just purchase everything through the internet is so much easier and faster. If you are traveling from the US I recommend several websites that I have you and you can search for hotel, air, and car as a package and you usually get a better deal like that. The websites are Travelocity.com, Expedia.com, and Applevacation.com Hope this information can help your search better and enjoy your trip.

Jay

dickie_baby

Aug 20, 2005
Sunwing.ca

I only had to book my hotel only...through the internet. I also upgraded my room. I found this suited us because we didnt want the traditional 1 week vacation, and we were looking for a specific hotel for this trip. There are 22 hotel choices including upgrades to choose from. The price was in CAD$ and incuded all hotel taxes etc. We still had to pay our own hotel transfer...taxi..., but I'm cool with that, dont have to wait on a tour bus for the last person to get their luggage. But of course that will be us I'm sure.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
kapitan75 said:
I would like to travel to puerto plata or punta cana .I'm not new to this but I would like to know of any internet sites that can give the best $$$ for me.
You may want to book directly with the airlines. They usually have air/hotel/car packages that are competitive and many times cheaper than buying each separately. They also run specials depending on the season.

Last edited:
L

lovesthebeach

Your best bet for travel from the states is through 11thHourVacations or Vacation Express.
They will take care of everything from hotel,air,transfers, car etc.
US Dollars and a pretty good price.

If you are in Canada, might I recommend a couple of different sites that I have used.

www.fareconnect.com
www.sunholidays.com

All three sites offer discounts if you are a repeat customer.

I have been to Puerto Plata 4 times since February and have been pleased with all three travel companies.

I will be there again on Saturday and used Fareconnect for this trip.

Through the cold months I was using 11thhourvacations or vacation express (cheaper if you book through 11th hour) for mini 4 day vacations and was going for about 500 US each time.

Unfortunately Canadian sites don't offer mini vacations very often but 1 week all in is around $800CAD for 4 star property.

Hope this helps.