Caribana Time

irishdomician

Aug 15, 2004
Just wondering if my crew will be the only Dominican representatives there again this year. Anyway I hope not, does anyone know of any Dominican stuff happening? Or if we will infact be the only DR'ers in attendence. I heard Miguel Batista would be showing up at some point but who cares cause he's terrible and I wish my Jays would trade him. But, then that would leave the Blue Jays Dominicanless, can't have that!!! ;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Don't know what you are talking about

So I can't really help you....

Baseball? Lots of stuff.

Get togethers? Some of that, too.

TO stuff, don't know squat....

HB :D:D:D:D

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
I can't wait for it to start... Its SOOO much fun...

I honestly see a handful of Dominicans at Caribana ... maybe it was you guys ..

irishdomician

Aug 15, 2004
Hillbilly said:
So I can't really help you....

Baseball? Lots of stuff.

Get togethers? Some of that, too.

TO stuff, don't know squat....

HB :D:D:D:D

it's a huge annual caribbean festival in Toronto.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
There has definitely been a dearth of Dominicans in Caribana

but some of the gals I saw strutting their stuff in the newscasts DEFINITELY were Dominican.
Ain't NOBODY else in the world can shake their booty like that!:)

irishdomician

Aug 15, 2004
Record Dominican reps. at Caribana

Caribana was absolutly nuts once again this year. This year we went extra early and stayed pretty late and by my account there were more Dominican flags than ever. Anyone else from here attend?

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
I'll agree with you as well.... I saw more DR flags this year than in the past ...

The parade was amazing and so were the parties !! Good times

Sylvester

Jan 19, 2004
What's This ?

MommC said:
but some of the gals I saw strutting their stuff in the newscasts DEFINITELY were Dominican.
Ain't NOBODY else in the world can shake their booty like that!:)

What's this ? You think the Dominicans are the only ones who can dance ? To suggest someone must be Dominican simply because the know how to shake *** is ridiculous.

You have definately NOT been to the real Carnival in Trinidad and Tobago, where Caribana originated from. There is NOTHING a Domincan can teach a Trini about dancing to the Calypso and Soca rhythms. Trini's have been shaking that *** long before whining and grinding crossed over into the main stream. Im taking early 1900's.

Your above statement has absolutely NO basis in fact, only wishful thinking on your part. I have partied in many west indian islands, such as St kitts, St Lucia, St Vincent, Antigua, Barbados, Jamaica, and of coarse Trinidad and Tobago. There is NO shortage of locals on any of these islands who are not proficient in shaking that ***.

These people dont need any lessons from any Domincan in dancing to their own music !

REALDOMINICAN

Apr 2, 2005
ok dont hate

You have definately NOT been to the real Carnival in Trinidad and Tobago, where Caribana originated from. There is NOTHING a Domincan can teach a Trini about dancing to the Calypso and Soca rhythms. Trini's have been shaking that *** long before whining and grinding crossed over into the main stream. Im taking early 1900's.

Your above statement has absolutely NO basis in fact, only wishful thinking on your part. I have partied in many west indian islands, such as St kitts, St Lucia, St Vincent, Antigua, Barbados, Jamaica, and of coarse Trinidad and Tobago. There is NO shortage of locals on any of these islands who are not proficient in shaking that ***.

These people dont need any lessons from any Domincan in dancing to their own music !

****Stop the hate we dominican can dance and look good at the same time.
you must be ugly.i'm sorry is not ower fault.

Sylvester

Jan 19, 2004
RealDominican or Realdunce ?

REALDOMINICAN said:
****Stop the hate we dominican can dance and look good at the same time.
you must be ugly.i'm sorry is not ower fault.

Are you suffering from some cognitive problems or are you just plain stupid ? Did I say I hate Dominicans ? NO ! You completely missed the point,but thats ok. Intelligence is definately not your strong point, perhaps some remedial education could correct that.

Now take your ignorant domino playing, brugal rum drinking *** back to the street corner and espouse your wisdom on those who would be impressed by your wisdom, that being the common bario puta with a 5th grade education.

Last edited:

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Sylvester said:
Now take your ignorant domino playing, brugal rum drinking *** back to the street corner and espouse your wisdom on those who would be impressed by your wisdom, that being the common bario puta with a 5th grade education.

Now is that a real smart thing to say on this board ???? You're just telling everyone who the stupid one really is in this argument.. your obviously lacking respect for cultures other than your own..

What MommC said is her own statement, maybe they also looked Domincan to her .... And seeing that you attended all these carnivals in the islands where each island had its own people maybe you would realize Toronto is extremely multicultural and it can be hard to tell nationalities apart

I'm gonna stop there ...

Sylvester

Jan 19, 2004
la_barbie said:
Now is that a real smart thing to say on this board ???? You're just telling everyone who the stupid one really is in this argument.. your obviously lacking respect for cultures other than your own..

What MommC said is her own statement, maybe they also looked Domincan to her .... And seeing that you attended all these carnivals in the islands where each island had its own people maybe you would realize Toronto is extremely multicultural and it can be hard to tell nationalities apart

I'm gonna stop there ...

Look, dont presume to lecture me on multiculturalism and Toronto, Ive been in Toronto for 34 years, I know exactly what its like. As far as respect goes, you have to give some to get some. RealD wanted to start something with me, so I handled it, END OF STORY !

And for the record, I have a lot of respect for the many DECENT Dominican nationals/expats that I have met in my many years of travelling. What I dont respect are the lowlifes who engage in a campaign of deceit to separate unsuspecting visiting foreignors from their money.

Last edited:

irishdomician

Aug 15, 2004
Relax

Sylvester said:
Are you suffering from some cognitive problems or are you just plain stupid ? Did I say I hate Dominicans ? NO ! You completely missed the point,but thats ok. Intelligence is definately not your strong point, perhaps some remedial education could correct that.

MommC said nothing offensive about anyone. I dont get why you were offended by her comments, all she said was according to her nobody can shake it like a Dominican...... whats the offensive part about that? She's entitled to think Dominicans are the greatest ball players in the world to if she wants or Canadians are the best hockey players. You probably dont understand this but Caribana is a celebration of ALL Caribbean cultures. It's not at competition!

REALDOMINICAN

Apr 2, 2005
I'm back like crack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sylvester said:

i'm a male mother***** and if you dont belive me bring me your mother i will do her real nice. ugly boy. i'm to buzy getting puzzz. hahahah

sorry you can't be like us.

Sylvester

Jan 19, 2004
REALDOMINICAN said:
i'm a male mother***** and if you dont belive me bring me your mother i will do her real nice. ugly boy. i'm to buzy getting puzzz. hahahah

sorry you can't be like us.

You have got to be kidding ! A lowlife broke *** useless sankie who hides behind gringa skirts. Yeah, there's something to emulate.

As far as brining my mom, you wouldnt know what to do with p***y. You're too busy sucking c**ks and wearing your ankles for earrings like the rest of the switch hitting sankies.

Im sure you got plenty of practice before you were deported from Rikers Island with the rest of the lowlifes. PunkB***h.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Sylvester said:
Look, dont presume to lecture me on multiculturalism and Toronto, Ive been in Toronto for 34 years, I know exactly what its like. As far as respect goes, you have to give some to get some. RealD wanted to start something with me, so I handled it, END OF STORY !

Did you snap your fingers after this comment ! LOL !

Buddy... If you've been here 34 years than step outside.... Like said before Caribana is a Carribean festival not just one festival in one country.... Damn you are a lonely man.....

You have got to be kidding ! A lowlife broke *** useless sankie who hides behind gringa skirts. Yeah, there's something to emulate.

As far as brining my mom, you wouldnt know what to do with p***y. You're too busy sucking c**ks and wearing your ankles for earrings like the rest of the switch hitting sankies.

Im sure you got plenty of practice before you were deported from Rikers Island with the rest of the lowlifes. PunkB***h.

And please enlighten us how you are suppose to get respect with these kind of comments ??

Tell your blow up that he/she's doing a good job keeping your ego up !

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Shake it if you got it

You don't have to be Dominican or West Indian only to shake your **a ... I've seen some white chicas shake their **s like a 9 earthquake.
Both of you go to your corners and SHUT UP!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Sylvester

Jan 19, 2004
irishdomician said:
MommC said nothing offensive about anyone. I dont get why you were offended by her comments, all she said was according to her nobody can shake it like a Dominican...... whats the offensive part about that? She's entitled to think Dominicans are the greatest ball players in the world to if she wants or Canadians are the best hockey players. You probably dont understand this but Caribana is a celebration of ALL Caribbean cultures. It's not at competition!

IrishD, I was simply pointing out an issue I had with her statement. How does one logically come to a conclusion regarding someone's nationality simply by the way they dance ? Her statement presupposes that only Dominicans know how to dance.

Ive been all over the Caribbean and parts of South America and can tell you from first hand experience that its not only the Dominicans that can move their waistlines. Im not disputing the abilities of the Dominicans, Im simply pointing out that they do not hold a monopoly on that market.

As for my vitriol, that is directed at one individual.

Sylvester

Jan 19, 2004
la_barbie said:
Did you snap your fingers after this comment ! LOL !

Buddy... If you've been here 34 years than step outside.... Like said before Caribana is a Carribean festival not just one festival in one country.... Damn you are a lonely man.....

And please enlighten us how you are suppose to get respect with these kind of comments ??

Tell your blow up that he/she's doing a good job keeping your ego up !

Oh, have I offended your sankie ? Send money, he'll get over it. While your at it, why dont you recharge the batteries on your vibrator, seems you need something to hold you over until your next trip. Either that or take a midol.

My comments were directed at ONE person, I could care less about obtaining respect from him or you.

Sylvester

Jan 19, 2004
shadInToronto said:
You don't have to be Dominican or West Indian only to shake your **a ... I've seen some white chicas shake their **s like a 9 earthquake.
Both of you go to your corners and SHUT UP!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Excellent suggestion ShadIn, Im done with this flame war.