Computer info

bags-to-beaches

Jan 8, 2005
Anyone provide me some insight as to costs of lap-tops in DR? Trying to decide whether to buy here or there.
Thanks in advance

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
bags-to-beaches said:
Anyone provide me some insight as to costs of lap-tops in DR? Trying to decide whether to buy here or there.
Thanks in advance
Overpriced, at least 10% more than US prices and it might be refurbished selling as new. Buy it here, where ever here is at.

TimInDR

Jun 4, 2005
www.prestigecarrentals.com
Ricardo900 said:
Overpriced, at least 10% more than US prices and it might be refurbished selling as new. Buy it here, where ever here is at.

agreed. i bought 6 laptops and 3 desktops from dell.com and had them forwarded via EPS. This takes a little bit of mental ingenuity as dell will repeatedly ask if you are using a freight forwarder or not. i referred to EPS as my "miami office".

BTW, Dell has a DR section/webpage but they don't have the good deals and the prices were much higher.

good luck

tim

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
TimInDR said:
agreed. i bought 6 laptops and 3 desktops from dell.com and had them forwarded via EPS. This takes a little bit of mental ingenuity as dell will repeatedly ask if you are using a freight forwarder or not. i referred to EPS as my "miami office".
What import taxes were you charged on 9 computers?

bags-to-beaches

Jan 8, 2005
Ricardo900 said:

OOps.....here is Canada lol. Tks for the insight

ElPuma

Jun 28, 2005
computers are very overpriced here, better purchase it in usa and use EPS or BM, computers don't pay import taxes, but I think BM charge about 3000-5000 pesos , better call them.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
I have one toshiba 1110 for sale in the dr if interested.
pm if you are.