Hotel with convenient access to SDQ?

maharashii

Jul 1, 2005
Hi guys,

My flight back to the states departs at 7AM on Friday, so I'm planning to get a room at a hotel in Santo Domingo on Thursday night. Can anyone recommend anything as close/convenient to the airport as possible?

Thanks

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
maharashii said:
Hi guys,

My flight back to the states departs at 7AM on Friday, so I'm planning to get a room at a hotel in Santo Domingo on Thursday night. Can anyone recommend anything as close/convenient to the airport as possible?

Thanks
Boca Chica is a lot closer to the Las Americas airport than Santo Domingo.
There are many hotels there, in various price ranges, and, being low season, you will surely not need an advance reservation.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Santo Domingo is about 45 minutes (without any traffic) from the SDQ airport. As another poster mentioned, there is a Quality Inn about 5 minutes from the airport. According to the rates on their website, this hotel seems a bit pricey (about US$100).

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en...=&scity=Santo+Domingo&sort=&nadult=1&nchild=0

The next closest would be Boca Chica, which has many hotels and is about 10-15 minutes from the airport.

maharashii

Jul 1, 2005
Looks like I can get the choice hotel for $70 online, which is about as high as I can expense. One other question - I'm coming from Azua with a laptop, a day bag, and a backpack. What's the best way to the east side of Sto Domingo / Boca Chica? I'd like to minimize connections.

I think this is manageable even if I have to take a guagua.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
maharashii said:
I will need to easily find a taxi at 5AM from whatever hotel I stay at
Any hotel will be able to pre-arrange a taxi for you. (Make sure you ask them how much the cab will cost). If you plan on partying the night before you leave, my recommendation would be to stay in BC. If you plan on going to sleep early, stay at the Comfort Inn. You might want to call them an make sure the shuttle is running at 5:00 am.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
There is a perfect spot across the street from Las Americas (SDQ) with everything you could possibly need. It even has a pool!

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
maharashii said:
Looks like I can get the choice hotel for $70 online, which is about as high as I can expense. One other question - I'm coming from Azua with a laptop, a day bag, and a backpack. What's the best way to the east side of Sto Domingo / Boca Chica? I'd like to minimize connections.

I think this is manageable even if I have to take a guagua.

The quality hotel on las americas is convenient to the airport but there is nothing else around it. I think you may be better off in Boca Chica as it is only about 15 minutes to the airport and even with boca being "dead" these days, there is still more to do there than in the middle of no where on las americas.

Since you are bringing a laptop, I suggest El Caucho as they have free WIFI in their bar area. If you get into boca early enough, head to Playa Vista as they also have WIFI and you can drink a few farewell presidentes with a great view of the beach!

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
rafael said:
The quality hotel on las americas is convenient to the airport but there is nothing else around it. I think you may be better off in Boca Chica as it is only about 15 minutes to the airport and even with boca being "dead" these days, there is still more to do there than in the middle of no where on las americas.

Since you are bringing a laptop, I suggest El Caucho as they have free WIFI in their bar area. If you get into boca early enough, head to Playa Vista as they also have WIFI and you can drink a few farewell presidentes with a great view of the beach!

Oops. . .I assume you are taking Caribe Tours into SD? Take a taxi to the Parada for a gua gua to Boca chica. They drop you off the shell station. Take a Moto Concho to El Caucho, Candil or Costalonga . . . . .

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
maharashii said:
I will need to easily find a taxi at 5AM from whatever hotel I stay at

I would say not to stay at the el Caucho , it is a little remote for a first timer if you want to do anything. Stay at Costalunga, instead.

They will book a taxi the night before, the guard will knock on your door to wake you up and he can call the taxi to confirm and the taxi stand they come from is about 1 block down the hill anyway. And the price is about the same.

If you have luggage a motoconcho is probably a bad recommendation to travel from a gua gua to any hotel in Boca Chica.

It is only US$18 to the airport from/to Boca Chica as well.

kammakaze1

Sep 6, 2005
Remote!??!?!?

ricktoronto said:
I would say not to stay at the el Caucho , it is a little remote for a first timer if you want to do anything. Stay at Costalunga, instead.

They will book a taxi the night before, the guard will knock on your door to wake you up and he can call the taxi to confirm and the taxi stand they come from is about 1 block down the hill anyway. And the price is about the same.

If you have luggage a motoconcho is probably a bad recommendation to travel from a gua gua to any hotel in Boca Chica.

It is only US$18 to the airport from/to Boca Chica as well.

Hi,

i dont know if you have seen me present on any other forums..iam one of the owners of the El caucho hotel..
all the services that you mentioned for the other hotel..the El Caucho also provides..Remote?..boca chica is what?..6 blocks..remote if ur in a wheelchair...facilities which we cater to aswell by the way...all first timers that come to Boca that stay at El Caucho come back...

our Taxi cost about US$16 to the airport form the El caucho..thats like two dollars cheaper than the rate quoted..maybe because we are closer to the airport..us being so remote and all...

www.elcaucho.com

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
kammakaze1 said:
Hi,

i dont know if you have seen me present on any other forums..iam one of the owners of the El caucho hotel..
all the services that you mentioned for the other hotel..the El Caucho also provides..Remote?..boca chica is what?..6 blocks..remote if ur in a wheelchair...facilities which we cater to aswell by the way...all first timers that come to Boca that stay at El Caucho come back...

our Taxi cost about US$16 to the airport form the El caucho..thats like two dollars cheaper than the rate quoted..maybe because we are closer to the airport..us being so remote and all...

www.elcaucho.com
I believe Ricktoronto meant it was remote from Duarte and the beach. While El Caucho is a fine hotel with all the amenities of El Candil and Costalunga, it is not an easy walk to the night life on Duarte nor to the beach. For people like me who refuse get on a motoconcho, El Caucho is remote.

kammakaze1

Sep 6, 2005
rellosk said:
I believe Ricktoronto meant it was remote from Duarte and the beach. While El Caucho is a fine hotel with all the amenities of El Candil and Costalunga, it is not an easy walk to the night life on Duarte nor to the beach. For people like me who refuse get on a motoconcho, El Caucho is remote.

transport from hotel to the duarte is a service we provide..the beach is right in front of the hotel..you can walk there in 2 mins..

sorry if i came out biting...

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Well compared to what is left of the main part of Duarte which is just a walk down the hill from Costalunga and El Candil (and Garant and Calypso), your location on the far side of Coquito with a short walk to the noisy Dominican beach and parking lot, is remote. It is more convenient to the back side of the Don Juan though if you like ventilator outputs.

And you get to enjoy the risk of injury or death on motoconchos to get anywhere the same hour you start, always a fun addition to drive at 80 km/h with a drunk. Unless that is, you want to go to the dirty and noisy Dominican beach and parking lot.

You do have the spinning chicken restaurant which is good (I assume you still have the spinning chicken machines) and a very nice pool as well and I understand female entertainment available in the hotel itself for quite steep prices of RD$1500 and RD$2500 for an hour/two hours. Still, for a businessman with no idea of what the going rates are that is convenient if not a record setter, the former record held by the Blackbeard in Sosua with outrageous entertainment prices.

I'd not value the $2 saving on the taxi as highly as you seem to want to.

For a single guy wanting to party and such there is nothing wrong with the El Caucho - I have toured it and it is a great choice, just not the only choice. And do something about the girlie prices, setting US$50-80 as the norm for short time entertainment for Boca Chica is just amazing.

Last edited:

kammakaze1

Sep 6, 2005
girlie prices?

For a single guy wanting to party and such there is nothing wrong with the El Caucho - I have toured it and it is a great choice said:
Girlie prices US$50 is at the moment about RD$1400..thats expensive for regularly checked clean girls?! who you dont have to worry about them stealing your wallet etc..mmm stick to the duarte then..i know girls there that go for 200rd$..diseases included
but so far you are my first complaint..which of course will be taken into consideration..

true we are not the only option..but we are the unique option.

rick next time in boca chica please pass by and visit me...i would like to meet you,we can have a beer and some chicken...

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
kammakaze1 said:
Girlie prices US$50 is at the moment about RD$1400..thats expensive for regularly checked clean girls?! who you dont have to worry about them stealing your wallet etc..mmm stick to the duarte then..i know girls there that go for 200rd$..diseases included
but so far you are my first complaint..which of course will be taken into consideration..

true we are not the only option..but we are the unique option.

rick next time in boca chica please pass by and visit me...i would like to meet you,we can have a beer and some chicken...

We have met, actually. Right when you guys took it over about when the spinning chicken machine arrived from the guy on Duarte with the debt problems.

Not that it affects me anyway, but others are complaining about the girlie deal elsewhere (other sites which I observe the comings and goings of humanity of the darker side) if you want to know. Saying RD$1500/hr RD$2500/2 as house prices and you pulled a girl out of a guys room as she was there all night starting at 2 a.m. since she only got RD$1500. And that wasn't enough.

It is interesting to see you have girls checked - how often and by whom? There is nobody in Boca Chica I would trust with a hangnail let alone determining STD status on girls.

For "mongers" location is not a big deal, for tourists in all fairness you are a little bit too much out of the way. But the mongers are not happy if it matters much to you.

If you PM me I can warn you about another problem you might have there.