Is there a place to buy a bicycle in Puerto Plata-Sosua?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
There are two bike shops in Puerto Plata, both on Camino Real. One is opposite Supermercado Messon. The other is closer to Central Park near El Provocon chicken.

2parrotheads

Mar 18, 2005
I saw at least one bicycle for sale at Super Descuentes on the main road in Los Chiramicos section of Sosua four weeks ago. The front of the store has appliances on display; the bike was hanging on a wall hook in the back room, where much of the furniture is displayed. Don't know if it's a mountain bike or not.

Last edited:

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Conchi, why don?t you go and have a chat with the German Bike shop in POP?Located on Calle Kennedy. He sells bikes, repairs and also gets on request.
He is not expensive, and easy to deal with.

I don?t remember the number of the street. If you come from downtown, it?s up on Kennedy, pass Tims house, pass the park and 2 more roads.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Conchman said:
I've never been called that (blushing...lol).

Since I speak German fluently this is a good option,,thanks

I am sure he can help you! He has been here forever..

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Conchman said:
I've never been called that (blushing...lol).

Since I speak German fluently this is a good option,,thanks

A pps.. I wrote up on Kennedy... But it is una via.. so that would be a wrong explanation... ;)

yasmin

Jun 16, 2005
There used to be a bike shop at avenido Luis Guinebra in POP, in front of the main police office (which is next to the Poli Deportivo)
I thought he was from Holland, because he has a dutch flag outside.

Yasmin

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
yasmin said:
There used to be a bike shop at avenido Luis Guinebra in POP, in front of the main police office (which is next to the Poli Deportivo)
I thought he was from Holland, because he has a dutch flag outside.

Yasmin
It is still there & you are right it is run by a Dutchman - a rather famous trials racer I was informed.

There is also another Bicycle shop further up Luis Ginebra, (about 2Kms) on the left hand side, just past the second turning into Bayardo. As I recall, they even have price tags on the bikes too!! ~ Grahame.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I hope you get some business Sylvie

If any of those people were over 50, they could be dead by now

Quite and old thread.... but good to know you're there:p

Status
Not open for further replies.