Rumor Time

blanca

Jan 23, 2003
The rumor has popped up again that in December of this year all imports (cars, household goods, computers etc.) will be tax and duty free. True or or false

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
blanca said:
The rumor has popped up again that in December of this year all imports (cars, household goods, computers etc.) will be tax and duty free. True or or false
I'm sure Dolores will soon give us the real scoop, and probably correct me, but I believe that the holiday duty suspension is only for items carried by Dominicans returning to the DR in Dec-Jan, and never applied to cars or major goods shipped to the DR.

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
There are a List of about 80% of products that the prices will decrease for DR-CAFTA, cars will go down in about 6 years, but the components must be 100% of USA.

The free trade will start on Jan 2006 i guess.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
riravaga said:
There are a List of about 80% of products that the prices will decrease for DR-CAFTA, cars will go down in about 6 years, but the components must be 100% of USA.

The free trade will start on Jan 2006 i guess.
I might have misunderstood her, but I think blanca was talking about the annual tax holiday program for returning Dominicans, not the impact of DR-CAFTA.

blanca

Jan 23, 2003
?

I was not talking about any annual holiday tax. Just import taxes in December would be ending for importing goods. And not just Dominicans. Anyone any country who wants to import.

Jwb

Jan 10, 2002
blanca said:
I was not talking about any annual holiday tax. Just import taxes in December would be ending for importing goods. And not just Dominicans. Anyone any country who wants to import.

I heard the same thing you did Blanca. My source told me that anyone, from any country would be able to import duty free. I hope someone who has first hand knowledge on this info would confirm it. I already started buying products to send down ( biting nails)....

Wineclubs

I'm a living brain doner
Jul 10, 2005
Duty Free

Jwb said:
I heard the same thing you did Blanca. My source told me that anyone, from any country would be able to import duty free. I hope someone who has first hand knowledge on this info would confirm it. I already started buying products to send down ( biting nails)....

WHY? What is the advantage to the DR?