Dominican Imponderables

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
What Dominican Imponderables can you come up with. F.Y.I., an imponderable is a question which has no answer. For example, why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway? Or, why is the alphabet in ABC order?

Dominican Imponderables I have include:
  • Why do motochonchos speed up when approaching a busy or dangerous intersection?
  • Why do stores put prices in centavos when they don't even have peso coins for change?

Your imponderables on living in the DR.....

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
The store do that because we dont have who care about us, those cents make them richier.

May 31, 2005
HOWMAR said:
Why do motochonchos speed up when approaching a busy or dangerous intersection?
Because they want to cross the intersection while the other cars are stopped looking to make sure that there are no motoconchos crossing the street. :laugh:

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
HOWMAR said:
What Dominican Imponderables can you come up with. F.Y.I., an imponderable is a question which has no answer. For example, why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway? Or, why is the alphabet in ABC order?

Dominican Imponderables I have include:
  • Why do motochonchos speed up when approaching a busy or dangerous intersection?
  • Why do stores put prices in centavos when they don't even have peso coins for change?

Your imponderables on living in the DR.....

How bad must a situation be for a Domincan response to change from "No problem!" to "Oh Sh#@!!!" ???

The whole time I have been here, the only time I have seen anyone upset has inevitably been over a few pesos. Everything else has been, of course, no problem.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Why Do Dominicans "WALK" In The Street?

And not on the side"WALK"?
Why don't Dominicans go out in the rain?
Why do Dominicans eat the same food everyday?
c

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hummmmmmmmmm??????

Why do you all give a rat's axx about any of this?

The store thing is because of the inflation that has driven the peso to 28.95 times its former value and coins are no longer feasible on the one hand,
And because any merchant knows you sell more at $5.95 that at $6.00.
Most stores will ring up the whole price and round off..you get a peso coin if it's more that 50? and you get Jack Schitt if it is 49? or less.

RE: Sidewalks..Most all Dominicans do not like dogs and dogs bark and growl at passers by, scaring the bejesus out of the strollers. So they take to the streets. Sidewalks are also dangerous places with potholes that would swollow up a 6"6", 400 lb behemoth,and lifted slabs that trip old ladies and flip over skate boarders.....

HB :D:D:D

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Hillbilly said:
And because any merchant knows you sell more at $5.95 that at $6.00.

Maybe they should take a leaf out of the UK Raving Monster Loony Party and issue 95 or 99c coins. It makes even more sense in the DR!