swimming clases in SD

paulinehh

Jul 29, 2005
Who can give me some general info about swimming clases for 5 year olds in the capital? also i would like to know where you can use a pool like in some club or hotel. i personally know the golf club and its pools (nice) and we used to go to hotel santo dom and use their pool, while paying for some membership. does that still exist and if not which hotel offers it? thanks for any info!

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
paulinehh said:
Who can give me some general info about swimming clases for 5 year olds in the capital? also i would like to know where you can use a pool like in some club or hotel. i personally know the golf club and its pools (nice) and we used to go to hotel santo dom and use their pool, while paying for some membership. does that still exist and if not which hotel offers it? thanks for any info!

When my then two-year-old Angela almost drowned in a pool in front of lifeguards and myself (I instinctly dived into the middle of the pool when I lost sight of her) I arranged swimming lessons for her at the Dominican Fiesta Club. I told the instructor that I did not want an athlete, just someone with basics to survive an accidental fall in deep water. To my surprise, Angela within three months was swimming like a fish, and could cross seemingly effortlessly the 50 meter length of the pool. However, I don't recommend ever leaving small children unattended by a pool.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is the Piscina Ol?mpica

At the Juan Pablo Duarte Olympic Center...I am sure that the Federation has classes and for certain the different clubs: NACO; Para?so, Arroyo Honda, Mirador have swim clubs...all are looking for young talent.

In Santiago we have AMAPROSAN, Centro Espa?ol and the Betas of the PUCMM...

HB :D:D:D

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'm sure the Body Shop in Naco (Avenida Fantino Falco) offers swimming classes for kids. They have a 25M pool on the roof. Give them a call (809) 549 6620.

Also...

Their is a brand new Lebanese club on the Malecon, just after the immigration building or Winston Churchill turn off.

The swimming pool is huge and beautiful, perfect for kids.
They have lots of parking, good restaurant and are expanding their facilities, gym etc.

Their yearly subscription is around RD$3500 and is open to everyone.
Not sure if that is for a family, but I'll find out and post in this thread.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There are also swimming lessons in the children's gym next to Gold's Gym. Haven't been there myself but a friend of mine who is also a DR1 poster takes her son there.

paulinehh

Jul 29, 2005
opportunities

sounds like many opportunities to learn to swim!
of course you should never leave a small child alone around a pool.
the roof of the body shop in naco sounds very good but could be expensive. any idea bout their prices these days?
who knows if they teach swimming in the country club santo domingo of the golf court?
keep on posting you all!!!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
They do give swimming classes at the Olympic pool. My favorite pool to use on Saturdays is the Dominican Fiesta, they have a the best kiddy pool and they only charge $75 pesos per kid. On Sundays it will be a bit more expensive because of the buffet.